VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting this up, which I typically never do on Vortex. Anyway, my name is Mark and I Just sold my MKV for a B6

The old car

Picked this 06 3.6 4motion last Friday.

4 hours after signing papers on it, the parts from ECS came. Boy did I ever take advantage of that sale.

Took a couple days and designed out my trunk setup.

Skinny 5 gal 4 side port aluminum tank was just too akward and wouldn't fit completly under the floor. So I started designing around the tank that was in my GTI.

Just pretty basic for the time being.

Put together, but not cleaned up

Heres my floor comming together

Simple yet effective for the time being. I'm on a deadline.

Little test fit picture.

So, yeah thats where I'm at. I should be wrapping up the install this weekend.

Nice to meet all you folks and look forward to seeing what you guys are working on.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not a fan of bagging, so I'm stuck looking at that last picture. I can't make it rotate so I can see what's poking there lol. I'll just keep imagining what could be there.. MmMmMmm.. :sly:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Not a fan of bagging, so I'm stuck looking at that last picture. I can't make it rotate so I can see what's poking there lol. I'll just keep imagining what could be there.. MmMmMmm.. :sly:
I'll show you since I have to get rid of them. They don't clear my front brakes for some reason I should have plenty of back spacing though

I only test fitted my old wheels as a reference point for later use for me or other B6 owners. The specs are 17x9.5 Et 28 with a Falken 912 21/40/17. Also they are old school O.Z Mitos.

Distant shot.

The wheel specs I'm looking for would be 10mm closer to the fender. Also this is with factory camber adjustment of what I suspect to be around -1.8-2* as it was on my GTI. These cars are way too similar suspension wise. Anyway, I achieved -4.5* in the MKV. If I can achieve only around -3.5* it would put my prospective new exactly where I want to go. :thumbup:

Also, its cool. I know bagged cars aren't for everyone. I just love the low lifestyle. :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welcome to the bagged B6 club. Looks good. the tank is a little weird at an angle, but like you said, it works for the time being.
can't wait to see updates.
Thanks. Are there many more bagged b6's? I couldn't find pics of too many bagged sedans. I especially couldn't find one of a 4 motion. If theres a bagged 4motion out there, Anyone have any hints as the build progresses this weekend? Its my understanding I don't need a frame notch in this car, yet a strut tower notch. :confused: Don't really know.

The tank being that way was a quick solution to a dumb problem. I didn't want to lift my floor up at all. I lifted the floor up in my GTI 7" and it really killed my trunk space. Plus it just looked akward the floor being righht at the hatch sill. I'd of actually had to go beyond that with this tank to put it in there straight. This way, it fits right in the spare tire well, dead flush with the floor. The floor is just as high as it came from the factory.

Plus I haven't seen anyone have a tank with a gangster lean. :laugh:

Mark:

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new sled! Looking forward to more... :popcorn:

Ben
Hey thanks :thumbup: I hope I don't disappoint. :thumbup:

Nice Mark! Let me know if you need more VagCom work.. I got rid of my GTI too, about 3 months ago and got a 2010 CW passat, 2.0T :laugh:
BRANDEN!!!!!! So good to hear from you. I heard through the grape vine that you did finally sell your car after going back and forth all those months. Looks like great minds think a like. I already have my DRL's disabled and windows, but I may need some other stuff if you happen to know any cool tricks. :thumbup: Thanks buddy. Glad to see you again.

Ooooh cant wait to see the final results....are you going with bigger wheels? Maybe some 19s?:D
Yeah like I said in an earlier post, these wheels are as good as sold, along with all my other sets of 17's. 1 new set I'm looking at picking up is a 20x8.5 et 38 and 20x9.5 et 38 and the other set I'm looking at is an 18x8.5 Et32 all the way around. What can I say, I'm a wheel whore. :D

Lookin good, keep it up I really want to see how the 4MO sits when bagged
Thanks. Parts pending today, I should be wrapping up this weekend. I'm curious too. I've stared a few hours at the rear axle making sure it wont' bind me up. It doesn't look like it should, but we'll see. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I think you might be the first 4 motion. There are a couple 2.0's(mines a wagon). Some of the builds are in the air forum. If the front is like the 2.0, you're going to need a c notch on the passenger side front. The gangster lean is growing on me.:laugh:
Keep posting pictures!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doin Werk!!! I'm working on finishing up the rear set up. I need help. Does anyone know how to get the rear bolt out of rear control arms? Not the one at the front that attachs to the hub, but the one with the toe adjsuter on it. I need to drop the control arm completly to finish what I'm trying to do. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and heres a quick action shot

I offically don't have any wheels for this car at the moment. The earliest one set will be here is saturday. The other set is probably a couple weeks out. Wish I could be done sooner :banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^^^ I STILL NEED HELP!!!!

But I have another update of pictures. These weren't really required, but they will be nice to have. I had OG Mason Techs on my MKV. It was time to upgrade. These are used but are the new Mason Tech design with sway bar brackets and custom powder coated wrinkle imola red.

I know this is looking like its just another air ride build, only on a passat. I don't know the mods for this section, but I'd kind of like to keep this thread here. There will be a lot more happening to this car than just air ride. It just happens that air and wheels happens to be priority numbero uno.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry I'm late to the show...glad you figured it out. Great posts, man. Keep it up!

Ben
Ben,

Would you happen to know how to get that bolt out?? Its got this weird box section around the shim and on the back side is the rear diff (whatever you want to call it) I can't get from behind it to wack it with a hammer and I can't get under it or around it to pry it out with something from the shim. How in the world am I supposed to get that out, or am I not supposed to get it out? I just worked around it and figured my own way out to get my bag mounts in the control arm whilst on the car.

Same goes for the camber adjustment. I was going to max myself out camber this afternoon while I was working on the back, but same story. I couldn't figure out how to make the adjustment. I pulled the shim off of my MKV to give me more, but that looks impossible on the B6 because the shim is attached to the head of the bolt it looks like?

Or am I all wrong? Any insight? Or am I just kinda screwed because not a lot of people will cut and hack out parts on 4motions b6s??? :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ben,

Thanks for that diagram. That doesn't help with the camber or bolt problem but does help with another. That diagram is much appreciated.

Just because you were helpful. I'll give you guys the first teaser of one of the new wheels.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.