VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 110 Posts
This will be interesting to see if you will be able to tuck the rear, et 40 has been the lowest I have seen still pull in enough to tuck(on a 9.5), it will be close so I am excited to see how it turns out, if it doesn't pull in enough you can always get 2-3mm shaved off the back pad.

On the front you should be good, the lowest et I ran was an et30 on a 19x8 and it just cambered enough to tuck

Discussion starter · #24 ·
This will be interesting to see if you will be able to tuck the rear, et 40 has been the lowest I have seen still pull in enough to tuck(on a 9.5), it will be close so I am excited to see how it turns out, if it doesn't pull in enough you can always get 2-3mm shaved off the back pad.

On the front you should be good, the lowest et I ran was an et30 on a 19x8 and it just cambered enough to tuck
Any advice on how to max out on camber?

By my measurements tucking the 9.5"s won't be a problem. I was only about 1/4" away from it on my 17x9.5 et28. That could have been adjusted with camber I'm working with 10 more mm. I think I should be good, but will require some more neg camber. HELP!!! Some one certainly has gone all in with their camber at home????

I think it will work out fine but you will not be able to drop the the rear end while moving. the more important part will be getting the alignment right at ride height, you will worry about that more after you have to buy new tires every 6-9 months as I found out the hard way until I got it dialed right. you have to work with the alignment tech to adjust to different psi setting until they can set it right, then set it there every time you air up, I run the auto pilot like you so its pretty easy

Discussion starter · #27 ·
I think if you drop the bags to low you will notice the rear axles will hit the upper control arm or subframe. I think its the subframe though.
It will make contact yes but by then my bags will be 90% deflated and I'll be tucking gobs of wheel. So it shouldn't be too big of an issue. I don't want to have to get 4 notches....unless I have to :D

Okay so I have a SERIOUS issue with my build right now. Finishing up the rear tonight was doing some testing with it seeing exactly where the axle would hit the subframe. (actually looks like the camber adjuster will hit before the axle). Anyway, this is what I found.

So yeah, its making contact with the rear subframe pretty much at any height. So I need something much smaller in diameter. Who makes something smaller. Will a firestone style help me out? Will the taper help me clear this bag, and also doesn't a firestone fold into itself? Any insight from anyone, greatly appreciated. I'm supposed to be leaving for h2o the 20th (was planning on making a week out of it)

I don't think I've ever seen someone run a firestone bag on a MKV....
bagyard makes a sleeved bag for the rear, which would work for your application(i'm almost positive) The only other one that I can think of would be air lifts, but I don't think I've seen it done. PM or call andrew at Openroadtuning.com. He can help you out. The only down side is, I think you need the nipple for the bagyards, so you might have to weld that puppy back on.....

Wheels are going to look sicko!!

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure I have it sorted out with airlifts. I definetly would have gone with another company considering my passonate displeasure with airlift products, but I didn't listen to a friend of mine, and I removed the top nipple. Theres no garunttee this will work, but we'll find out Wednesday when they get here.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
So another quick update.

FINALLY got my hands on the new wheels today. Got a chance to snap some pics of my own and do a little test fit.

The rear 9.5"s are just wonderful. Huge fan of these lips. Just the perfect size.

Heres the front. Not as much lip, but just enough.

Oh, and what would a wheel post be with out a test fit pic?

Discussion starter · #34 ·
It was a late one. A real late one. Heres the best pic I could get of it for the time being. Thanks everyone for staying tuned into this. I know it took me a little longer than expected. Anyway, heres my 2 a.m. just finished up post.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Updated shots from today. Still have some tuning to do, but for the most part shes good to go. Also, to the earlier question. They are 215/30/20 F and 235/30/20 R Toyo Proxy4's

nice!!!! Sweet car!! good job man whats next?:eek:

RIGHT CLICK..... SAVE PICTURE AS..... :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.