VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (JettaRide)

Quote, originally posted by JettaRide »
OEM 710n Valve, the one you are referring to, will always be better than any Piston-type DV Made no mistake.

depends how you define "better"

functionally yes it's better
but if you will have to run out to buy another one when it fails compared to the piston ones which can usually last you the life of the car with proper maintenance.
dk

· Registered
470 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (dknl)

The factory n valve is a good piece but its hard to say if it will last a month or a year the bailey we havent had good luck with but we have been using the stratmosphere hyperboost without any problems but the stock one u can prolly get cheaper then $50 right from ur dealer

· Registered
3,029 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (dknl)

Quote, originally posted by dknl »

depends how you define "better"

functionally yes it's better
but if you will have to run out to buy another one when it fails compared to the piston ones which can usually last you the life of the car with proper maintenance.
dk

Factory Bosch 710N: 42,000 miles total, 36,000 chipped miles.
Number of times lubed/cleaned: 0
Number of springs changed: 0
Number of shims installed: 0
Number of failures: 0
Placebo effects: 0
Cost: $0 or $27 for those who's car didnt come with one.

· Registered
5,045 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (SlvrBllt)

Quote, originally posted by SlvrBllt »

Number of times lubed/cleaned: 0
Number of springs changed: 0
Number of shims installed: 0
Number of failures: 0
Placebo effects: 0

where are you getting it for $27?? I called the Audi stealership in Alexandria, VA and he quoted me $42

· Registered
4,173 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (pturner67)

The Bosch DV is from a Porsche. It's not really new. From what I have read in the past, this DV can also fail on the 1.8T. If you are staying "stock", just use the 710N. It's cheaper and will probably do the same thing as the 110 and half the cost.

· Registered
147 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (SlvrBllt)

Quote, originally posted by SlvrBllt »

Like pturner67 said, how do you find a 710N for $0-27? BTW, pturner67, nice links!

· Registered
2,379 Posts
i got my car chiped at waterfest (it had 30k miles on it at the time) and right away the oem DV gave out and surging started like crazy. i took a trip to the dealer today, handed them like 30 something dollars for the bosch 710N DV and the car is now smooth as butter! why pay big bucks for a aftermarket DV when you can use a OEM piece that is not only used in the 225HP tt, the 337, and twin turbo posche? if its good enough for a 300+ hp porsche, i am sure it will stand up to 15+psi of boost from our little powerhouses!
mark.

· Registered
4,173 Posts
Re: (mwwhonda)

Quote, originally posted by mwwhonda »
i got my car chiped at waterfest (it had 30k miles on it at the time) and right away the oem DV gave out and surging started like crazy. i took a trip to the dealer today, handed them like 30 something dollars for the bosch 710N DV and the car is now smooth as butter! why pay big bucks for a aftermarket DV when you can use a OEM piece that is not only used in the 225HP tt, the 337, and twin turbo posche? if its good enough for a 300+ hp porsche, i am sure it will stand up to 15+psi of boost from our little powerhouses!
mark.

The 710N is standard on "regular" 1.8T's also.

· Registered
5,045 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (DubWho)

Quote, originally posted by DubWho »

Like pturner67 said, how do you find a 710N for $0-27? BTW, pturner67, nice links!

glad you liked the links...wanted to find out some real verifiable answers to the DV questions...just did a search on yahoo for diverter valve comparison
I actually went to the Audi dealership and told them the price on vwparts.com and the guy made me a deal...$25.99 plus tax
I got rid of my Forge 007P and replaced with the 710N...tellin ya guys, there is a HUGE noticeable difference...thought I had surging before...turns out the Forge wasn't holding the pressure as well....now, my car is smooth as baby $hit
if you have to replace the 710N (even if you pay $40 for it) in 50K miles and the Forge costs $125, you will also save an a$$load of money over the long haul...definitely worth it

· Banned
621 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (pturner67)

Quote, originally posted by pturner67 »

glad you liked the links...wanted to find out some real verifiable answers to the DV questions...just did a search on yahoo for diverter valve comparison
I actually went to the Audi dealership and told them the price on vwparts.com and the guy made me a deal...$25.99 plus tax
I got rid of my Forge 007P and replaced with the 710N...tellin ya guys, there is a HUGE noticeable difference...thought I had surging before...turns out the Forge wasn't holding the pressure as well....now, my car is smooth as baby $hit
if you have to replace the 710N (even if you pay $40 for it) in 50K miles and the Forge costs $125, you will also save an a$$load of money over the long haul...definitely worth it

Save a chit load of dollar huh? What about when you 710N craps out? You go buy another for 27-30 dollars. Then again and again. Before you know it you spent the same amount as a aftermarket DV that can be taken apart and cleaned. If your aftermarket DV is not kept clean then it will surely leak. Also some DV's are install reverse from factory. If boost pressure is applied to the side of the piston (forge) it will cause the valve to leak. I read from several sources that the botom port on some DV's must face the pressurized side and the size port on the DV faces the turbo intake pipe. All valves are probably different and pressure testing is the only real way to know which way your valve should face.

· Registered
2,574 Posts
Re: Bailey diverter valve vs. Bosch "new" stronger valve? (JEM)

Actually the DV sees pressure from both top and bottom so when you are at full boost the diaphragm sees 0 pressure diferential. When you let off the throttle the upper part goes into vacuum and the DV opens up. The spring is there to shut it close after boost is released.
The 710N has worked like a champ for 6K miles on stage 3.
If you going to drag race get the Greddy type S, it will recover quicker between shifts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.