VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Was wanting to see a picture of your intake. looking at one of your pictures looked like you have the 1.8t also. was wondering if you actually came across a kit or pieced one together thanks

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I figured that was coming based on the previous conversations....

Was wanting to see a picture of your intake. looking at one of your pictures looked like you have the 1.8t also. was wondering if you actually came across a kit or pieced one together thanks
My intake is just an AEM cone filter hooked directly to the MAF... and I made a heat shield out of a piece of sheet metal from Home Depot and some rubber hose with a slit to put on top. Total cost = $65 with the filter

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
hopefully the random hose you are referring to isnt the secondary air pump...because thats needs a filter to.

people use a 1inch k&n filter for that idk the part number.
This is true, but I was talking about the hoses clipped to the side of the air box (don't remember what they are and I'm not about to go out in the cold and find out). Secondary air is below it... and yes I have a filter on that too

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Snapped a quick shot with my friends dad's built 280z in the background:

Not to get too far off topic, but haven't had too much time to work on the car lately... been spending all my time working on development for my other project :D

She goes pretty low too...
most recent car:

Car from 2 years ago:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
No, we don't travel for SCCA events - we run occasionally when they have the Finger Lakes region in our school parking lot.

Otherwise it's strictly FSAE competitions - this year will be Michigan, Germany, and Nebraska

61 - 80 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.