VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I wanted to combine my love of Suds and Dubs... The car is an 06' GLI w/REVO STGII+. I bought a second trunk lid, laminated it, and attached the tower. It takes about 5-10 minutes to swap out the lids. After all I don't think my HR department would enjoy that in the parking lot. The bar coasters are magnetic and the entire setup remains on the car while in motion. So far the tower is good up to 135MPH winds. For SoWo I used a 1/4 barrel of beer (7.75gal) and a 5lb aluminum CO2 tank. I was supposed to get the tank polished to match the wheels but I ran out of time. H20i is going to be even better as I'll have my homebrew instead of crappy bud light (yuck). In addition I plan on expanding the tower to dispense both cold beer and margarita.
Cheers for :beer:

·
Registered
41,120 Posts
so sickk

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Lol. You're not the first person to say that. In this order:
1. Does that thing actually work?
*pops trunk lid*
*amazed faces*
2. How many times have you been arrested for that.

Legally speaking the setup is legit. As long as the keg isn't coupled whilst in motion it isn't considered an open container. From the tax perspective I was allowed to bring in exactly 7.75 gallons of beer from NC to GA for the show. I'll buy a keg when I get to H20i. There wasn't any spot in Helen, GA to buy a keg.

I went through a gauntlet of police through three states and not a one batted an eye at me. They did however pull over one of our members for having a europlate...

"3-3-8. Possession and transportation of lawfully purchased alcoholic beverages upon which taxes have not been paid in this state

(a) (1) An individual may possess and transport in this state the following quantities of alcoholic beverages upon which the taxes imposed by this title have not been paid:

(A) In the case of distilled spirits, not in excess of one-half gallon;

(B) In the case of malt beverages, not in excess of 576 ounces or two standard cases of 12 ounce cans or the equivalent thereof or one 7.75 gallon keg or barrel; and

(C) In the case of wine, not in excess of one-half gallon, except where the wine possessed was purchased and shipped pursuant to Code Section 3-6-32 and where the possessor has in his or her possession documentation evidencing that the wine was so purchased and shipped.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you look at the third photo I posted you can see my 3gal refillable keg. That is either going to be used for margarita or chilled Jägermeister.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah, almost forgot! Jay3k4 is the man responsible for the first couple of shots. Thanks again man!

1 - 20 of 256 Posts