·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
So in an effort to optimize the existing system in place I plan on upgrading the vessel which contains the keg. The current issue is that I lose ice at an alarming rate. This problem is amplified when ambient temperatures exceed 70F or when in direct sunlight. The second issue is that the diameter of my current vessel is far less than that of my spare tire well. This means that the whole setup can shift under heavy cornering. Enter the Super Cooler:

As you can see the cooler itself is the perfect diameter for the spare tire well. The problem is that the SC is ~5" too tall to fit in the opening of a MKV GLI's trunk. As such I will be employing the skills, and 38" band saw, of Marcus (Supercharged 2.5 MKV Rabbit). I plan on cropping ~5.25" off the top so that I can angle it into the spare tire well. I hope to take the newly separated ring and replace it once the keg is installed. Install the lid and some dry ice and I should be good for ~48hrs depending on ambient temperatures. :cool:

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
So the new bucket works amazingly better than its predecessor. It keeps the ice MUCH longer and holder the keg in place laterally and longitudinally. The indent on the side also creates a great place to stick the CO2 bottle! I can't fit the upper ring or lid in place yet but will be making modifications to do so before SoWo. I basically plan on cutting the upper ring in two pieces so I can install a piano hinge on one side and a latch on the other. I'll then wrap it around the keg (think PacMan) once the keg is in place. I'll try to incorporate the lid as well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Is there anything worse than having to open your beer trunk to see what the serving pressure is? I don't think so! It would be awesome if there was some kind of solution to this issue...like adding a gauge that would display absolute pressure in PSI... :rolleyes:

241 - 256 of 256 Posts