VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was worried about my tires, ha!. My car always dies when it rains, its fine for the first 4-5 mins but i guess something gets wet cause i could bareley go, it accelerates sooooooooooooo slow, it goes better at higher RPMs and sometimes it'll run ok for a min then go back to what it was. I dont get it, it wont idle and barely pulls, ****ing POS. SOmethjing must get wet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: barely made it home from Nicks house, fug this car. (NYMk2GTI)

But it must have been nice not being all up in your steering wheels business i bet?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

it's a VW, that's supposed to happen
i know it's sad but true...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Re: barely made it home from Nicks house, fug this car. (jbvw96)

you mean everyone just standing around not doing $hit....? i had no motivation to do anything so i didnt

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: barely made it home from Nicks house, fug this car. (germantoy)

any answers about my queston???

·
Registered
11,046 Posts

replace worn vaccum lines. used to happen on my 86 gl. just a guess though.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: barely made it home from Nicks house, fug this car. (VW1990CORRADO)

just did the plug wires, dist cap/rotor. Ill check vaccum lines, usually when it happens it will run right when i go full throttle but thats it, not today tho, that **** wouldnt run ata ll

·
Registered
716 Posts

i had this happen to me... i feel our pain.. take it to the mechanic and tell him to check two things.... 1. the finnegan modulator. always goes when wet.
2. diffribulator valve, second thing to go in rainy weather. also make sure the resistonation bearing located above the distributor mechanism moves the baffle upon depressing the accelerator. should fix the problem...

Modified by one sick six at 4:49 AM 5-12-2003

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: barely made it home from Nicks house, fug this car. (one sick six)

i had all that replaced just last week! ANyone else??

·
Registered
10,230 Posts

If it only does it when it rains then it obvious that it's not a matter of just a tune up or even vaccums, do you have the plastic pieces that go on top of the ecu in the rain tray? The cowl? IM me if u need any help bro.

·
Registered
20,448 Posts
Re: barely made it home from Nicks house, fug this car. (killa)

Quote, originally posted by killa »
If it only does it when it rains then it obvious that it's not a matter of just a tune up or even vaccums, do you have the plastic pieces that go on top of the ecu in the rain tray? The cowl? IM me if u need any help bro.

thats where youre wrong. it could be O2 wiring, or WOT switch contacts. he said it happens at WOT. and if rain gets to the wires it could change the resistance and corode the wire and mess it up. and th wot switch could not contact or get the correct signal to the ecu when wet.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

it goes away when at WOT. I changed the coil to an MSD blaster this weekend, didnt help, it runs nicer but when it rains it still flutters. Maybe i am getting water in the filter, i dont know how tho it seems close up and not that much splasehs up there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts