VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Please elaborate on cleaning the FD. I’m struggling to get a car going after 7 years that sat for 10. Just cannot figure it out. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FUEL DISTRIBUTER . remove the device in the picture. there is a pin underneath . it should move freely in and out. if not pull it out as gently as possible, spray some penetrator lubrabricant, make sure the pin is clean too. rinse with brake cleaner and put it all back. dont adjust anything yet. give the car a chance to come up to temp . if i rev clean without smoke and come back to idle that good . on to the next

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Took the rocco to a meet yesterday 400km round trip approximately called VW3Rin Trois-Rivieres, Quebec. The rocco preformed perfectly. also had all the dents on the passenger side pulled last week looks incredible . there is rust and paint work to do on the drivers side so im waiting for that side. I may have the driver side fender done next week as there is no body work to be done on that one.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Gauge

Attachments

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Had some free time also to repair the passenger window. There not to hard to repair usually the old grease gets hard and it seizes . The regulator has to be removed in order to clean off the old grease and relube. i use synthetic bearing grease , but im sure there is a more appropriate product
Wood Flooring Pink Floor Magenta

powered up down

Its not working perfect its binding in the track a bit. I don't know why as there is minimal adjustments that dont really help or make it worse. Anyways at least its working now well enough

21 - 25 of 25 Posts