VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

basic tire questions

502 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CedDoc 
#1 ·
How many miles have most of you put on your dunlop's before needing change? (due to wear not due to desire for better traction)
will our spare really clear front brakes?
dumb questions i know....no worries...flame suit is on

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: basic tire questions (CedDoc)

Spare will clear the front (ask me how I know....)
I actually got 31 mpg limping home on that spare as I was trying to obey the 50 max speed and avoiding sudden moves.
I think I have about 15K on my Dunlop A/S, still running good other than that flat.
I have another 10K on Dunlop Direzzas for summer.

Modified by Mr_Peach at 5:57 AM 1-8-2009

#5 ·
Re: (carchrism5)

Yes, as everyone said, the spare fits fine. Can't really comment on the wear, I only have 3k miles.
Quote, originally posted by carchrism5 »
Yes the spare does fit although it doesnt look like it does, it you have like 2mm of clearance on the caliper
Looks like fun doesnt it? but very unsafe, esp using the widow maker

I feel your pain. That was me on Christmas night. Except I was in some creepy Arby's parking lot, and there were a lot of drunk people from the bar celebrating and walking around and asking me weird questions. haha.
I finally got my tire replacement yesterday!!

#6 ·
Re: (ChrisP2006)

Thanks guys, i had a right front pass. blowout yesterday and just threw it on there without thinking about any issue it might cause with haly (haladex) or brake issues, and was woundering about it last night.
The wear issue is, well there all season, granted sport ones but still. I have about 25k on um and to have the tread just completely come off the tire as it did, literally 2 hours after i washed the car and dried it and check TP ....strange i though but thats how it goes...time to find new tires i guess
Changing tires in da snow sucks, feel ur pain...glad it was sunny here yesterday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.