VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a sony 1600 watt amp and an audiobahn 1100 watt sub. The Major bass does not start kickin in till really high volume, how do i make it kick in at lower volume, like start bumping around 17? there are a lot of knobs on the amp, please tell me what to do!

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
Re: bass doesnt kick in till HIGH volume HELP WHAT DO I DO (boxkid)

I would suggest you take it to a Local Car Audio shop and see if they could help you out.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Try adjusting something called "Gain" in your amp.
Make smaller adjustments while you play with some tunes until you find a level where it sounds louder

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
Re: (Mex gti)

I didn't want to be the one to break it to you....so I'll ask this does your amp look anything like this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: (boxkid)

Sony's suck. Its not actually putting out 1600w. Try more like 300w at idea conditions. So you have a bigass inefficient sub and you aren't putting enough power to it. Thats why you can only hear it at high volumes and you are probably clipping like crazy. Who sold you that piece of junk? Didn't you do some research?

·
Registered
13,383 Posts
Re: (boxkid)

They rate that amp at 500 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms, 900 Watts @ 2 Ohms. That may be a realistic number, but the 1600 Watts Max is a When Lightning Strikes number. The amp may be fine for an audiobahn sub seeing that the sub wouldn't take 1100 Watts RMS as they rate it it, or do they rate that as the peak power handling?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts