VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Geriatric Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This story from the seller of the Seller Submission 1963 VW Beetle is pretty amazing:

Hello BaT,

These photos are of Jim (the new owner and son of the original owner) and I (and Casper the Polar Bear), the day he bought the ’63 Bug convertible from me two days ago. Jim was with his father the day they drove the car off the showroom floor in 1962, and his dad taught him to drive in this very same car… Jim is now going to teach his 15 year old son to drive in the car...

Full Story After Jump

*Contributor's Note- I have something in my eye...please excuse me...

·
Registered
47,974 Posts
Wow. That's so cool I can't stand it. I'd love to find my Dad's old '48 Studebaker Champion convertible that he bought new. :beer:

Or his '63 VW Notchback, but he got that in about '66 or '67. It'd still be cool to have though, even if he didn't buy it new.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
I actually Google searched the original owner of my '68 Beetle convertible, as I still had the original owners manual with her info. I found her Myspace page! I'm almost positive it's the same person, but everything points to yes. I've been meaning to try and contact her with one of my friend's accounts to tell her the car is still around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.