VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am averaging 24.6 mpg (freeway and around town combined...2/3 of ithe time Im on the freeway) I was wondering if these are the typical lights that come on when your 02 goes out? Or given the wiring nightmare my car is, could this simply be some random wires touching? Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Battery light AND 02 light are on? Car seems to run fine though. Bad 02? (golf198v3.0)

Interesting...this occurred right after I rebuilt the odometer and changed the mileage. How do I reset this? I need the lights to go away when I smog the car, otherwise they wont pass me because the 02 light is on. I know there is a reset button on the speedo box, does this need to be pressed while the car is on just idling? Do I have to hold it for 5 seconds or something like that? Reason I ask about the 5 seconds thing is that I have tried pushing the reset button with the car on and nothing happened...both lights are still on...must be the fun wiring and somewhere wires are giving each other a constant high five. Thanks!

Modified by metalhatch at 8:42 AM 5-15-2007

Modified by metalhatch at 8:50 AM 5-15-2007

·
Registered
21,428 Posts
Re: Battery light AND 02 light are on? Car seems to run fine though. Bad 02? (metalhatch)

Quote, originally posted by metalhatch »
Interesting...this occurred right after I rebuilt the odometer and changed the mileage. How do I reset this? I need the lights to go away when I smog the car, otherwise they wont pass me because the 02 light is on.

IIRC there is a button by your washer tank..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.