Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Subaru Outback XT

Votes: 9 12.7%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that wagons are a dying breed. At the rate its going there will be nothing but SUV's. We have been talking about buying a wagon instead of an SUV. Have driven them all and the Audi drives the sportiest with the Volvo and Subaru coming up behind.

There are four choices on the plate:

Volvo V60 Cross Country
Audi All Road
Subaru Forrester
Subaru Outback XT
Other

Vote away and tell me why or why not.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Sky Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Knowing nothing about most of these cars, I'd go with the Volvo based on looks alone. That and the Outback has a maddening interior.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
partner had a 2013 Outback and I absolutely hated the CVT. obviously that specific one was built 8-9 years ago, so they may have gotten better, but we'll never have another Subaru based on that experience.

I'm a VAG dash stroker so obviously going to rank the A4/A6 Allroads top, but the Volvo is a nice machine.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'd go with the Subbie because it would be the most financially smart decision.
Cheaper and it's gonna resale for more than the others after just a couple years.

Also the easiest & cheapest to service at home, and run on 87 octane.

I'm probably gonna go for the Forester once I let go of my tdi.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2020 Subaru WRX
2,720 Posts
Outback XT all day.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I'd take the Audi since I already have VAG specific tools to fix it.

According to subaru.com:

The 2022 Subaru Outback is an SUV with the technology and features to handle everything from off-road adventures to daily errands. Go where the love takes you.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4 GMT425
27,557 Posts
Two years ago in Germany, there were hardly any SUVs on the roads, but wagons were all over the place.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never drove a Volvo until recently. The V60 Cross Country was really nice and the interior was like stepping into a fancy Scandinavian furniture store. Super comfortable and high quality.

I haven't been able to find to much info about the reliability of current Volvos. They have all gotten great reviews but that doesn't mean anything. I know older Volvos were tanks that ran forever.

·
Registered
25,867 Posts
Forester is not a wagon. What are you smoking? 😂

Outback is significantly cheaper than the other two for for good reason... it is not nearly as nice inside. Also the CVT is a severe boner killer. You can't properly enjoy your wagon smugness knowing it has soul crushing rubber band transmission. But it is otherwise good value. Be aware of that while it sort of looks like a wagon, it really isn't a wagon at all. It has massive ground clearance and high center of gravity - it feels every much like a CUV in seating position, ingress/exit and handling.

Volvo V60 is really nice inside and has more usable room than the A4. The regular wagon is going away so snatch up the left overs or you are stuck with cladding only version next year (unless you go for the T8 Polestar which has unicorn factor and will be collector worthy in the future).

Audi A4 is the pick here if you want the best driving wagon for this price range. The 2.0T + DSG combo is sporty and you can get the cladding painted in the same color so it looks like a wide body A4 Avant. Also, the model you are looking at is not Audi "All Road"... it is "A4 allroad".

1 - 20 of 54 Posts