VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer the Element becasue of the interior and the engine. You?
element:

xB:

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 2017 Subaru Outback Limited
23,750 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (BlackGTI VR6)

Defintiely the xB. That stupid ass grey plastic has GOT to go on the Element. Make it body colored and you'd have a winner IMHO http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (Mazda 3s)

If price is not an issue, Element for me please http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
More room, AWD and I'd feel safer in it.

·
Registered
11,388 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (lndsld17)

these are two very different vehicles aside from the general proportion of each. one is for kids without a ton of loot and its lack of power, awd and smaller size reflect that. the element is much more refined with many more features inside and out and is larger.

apples and oranges the way i see it

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (username)

After driving both, I'd have to say the xB. The xB feels bigger than it is, room wise and it feels like it has a lot more power than it does. The Element feels smaller on the inside than you'd think and the driving is about as involving as taking the bus, even with the manual. The xB feels like a tall go-kart, and it has no Pontiac-surplus plastic cladding.

·
Registered
16,451 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (LuxNova)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (k_)

Xb feels like a tin can in comparison to Element's solid feel. Plus it got torquery i-VTEC and decent suspension set-up, Honda for sure.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (Mazda 3s)

Quote, originally posted by Mazda 3s »
Defintiely the xB. That stupid ass grey plastic has GOT to go on the Element. Make it body colored and you'd have a winner IMHO http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I don't know if this is a product update or not, but I recently saw an Element that had all the side panels body colored and it looked 100% honda oem. It was a light color, so there really wasn't much to hide. So whether or not it was aftermarket or not, it definitely did look a lot better.

·
Registered
20,861 Posts

is that supposed to look comfortable?

anyhow, my parents came out from connecticut last month and had never seen a scion before. we were driving around and i hadn't spotted any to point out yet, but i told her to look for a box on wheels and she'd know it when she saw it. she saw an element and asked, "ooh ooh, is that it?!" haha... by the end of her trip, she saw a few scions and liked those, but had a special place in her heart for the element. even trying to convince my dad to get one at breakfast. really would be a practical minivan alternative for him. but he said if the xB had a V6 he'd be sold, not too keen on the element.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

xB looks better but needs more power, i'd stick with looks and work on power. xB http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Sorry so big

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (kitty)

The xB does have a small motor, but the thing only weight 2300 lbs.

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (kitty)

I am really starting to like the Element even with it's gray panels. So my choice is the Element.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts

Element-bigger, roomier, more rugged looking, AWD and 5 speed.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

I accidently voted for the element, but i wanted to vote for the xB! I love the xB! Come on, for a daily driver. Awesome gas milage, roomy, and looks pretty sweet.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (Rob)

Quote, originally posted by Rob »

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

That is the way it should have shipped rather than the patchwork chimera that is on the lots now.
speaker

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (Rob)

I've seen that black element driving around huntington beach. It is very nice looking and has a nice sound. I've been wondering though how the nissan cube stacks up to these 2?

·
Registered
2019 VW Tiguan SEL
7,574 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (toyotagardner)

well i've got an element, and would pick it over the xB on everything but looks (the xB just looks a little more coherent). the element has a much larger engine, 4wd and more cargo room. plus the back seats are so functional and easy to move around

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Re: Battle of the Boxes: Honda's Element or Scion's xB (username)

Quote, originally posted by username »
these are two very different vehicles aside from the general proportion of each. one is for kids without a ton of loot and its lack of power, awd and smaller size reflect that. the element is much more refined with many more features inside and out and is larger.

apples and oranges the way i see it

Element has more feaures?!?!? Well, I don't see it coming wiht an MP3 Cd player, nor vehicle stability control standard! In fact, the base model doens't even have a friggin' cd player.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts