VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between a BBS RS 001 and a set of BBS RS 070
From looking at pics I cant really see a difference.. (?)

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Re: BBS RS Question (A2Tommy)

Offset.
The 070 is an ET of 16 and a 15X7. The 001 is an ET of 25.
I might be wrong, but I think that's the only difference. Can someone verify?

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Re: BBS RS Question (VertigoGTI)

vertigo is right, but there is another difference, and it is kinda hard to explain.
They are both 15x7.
here is how they are each put together:
BBS RS001:
In the order they are assembled - 5.5" inner shell, then 0.5" thick center mesh section, then 1" outer lip (mesh section has a recessed area around the outside (front and back) for the lips to fit into, so they sit flush.
BBS RS070:
In the order they are assembled - 0.5" thick inner mesh section (which only has a groove on the front side, but it is deep enough for the inner and outer shell to fit into together) mounts from the backside, then 5.5" wide inner shell, then the outer 1.5" outer shell mounts directly agains the inner shell. basically, because the mesh is not in between the inner and outer shells, it does not add width to the wheel, but it lowers the offset. I will take a pic of one of my 001 pieces and draw the difference on the pics tonight. Basically, the functional difference is that the 070 will always have a lower offset than a 001, due to the way it has to go together. The advantage to a 070 is that you have a really nice lip (1.5" vs the 1" on a 001) without having to widen it. The downside to this is you have a wide lip, but you won't be stretching a tire on it, since it is still only " wide.
I'll clarify later for ya, in case you don't understand (with pics)

Modified by blubayou at 6:34 PM 5-19-2004

Modified by blubayou at 6:42 PM 5-19-2004

1 - 3 of 3 Posts