VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 1,332 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Holy puking wires! Your new joint going to have a garage?
Yeah, and Im really kinda wishing I would have waited to start all of this until the we closed on the house and moved in but that could be 6 months from now.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Remember to change out the gas tank and lines as well. Are you toying with the idea of a fuel cell at all with an outside filler?
Yep:beer:

Discussion starter · #45 ·
roal some coal!
No more coal rolling. The TDI was fun but Im not down to spend a butt ton of money just to hit 200hp. Time to shoot flames instead of smoke:laugh:

Discussion starter · #48 ·
thats alot of effin wires, holy ****!:eek:

Yeah I dont remember my mk2 having this many when I did the swap in that:laugh:

Love your sig btw.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
So with every thing torn apart and gutted its probably the best time to do some cleaning up. Ive had a half a$$ed "shaved" bay for a bit now. The first time I did the driver side wire tuck I put the distro block for the battery on the frame leg and had issues with the battery cable corroding so a year after that I put everything in the rain tray. Haven't had issues but I ran the rest of the wire under the fender and had to extend the hell out of them. Today I cut out of all of that. Thinking about just having the the wires neatly wrapped and visible in the bay next to the motor. What would be the better way as far as running the wires neatly but hidden? Thinking about going the frame leg route. The only problem I have with this is they're not easily accessible if I have a problem. I'm building this car with the purpose of beating the hell out of it on a track but want to be able to go to a show or gtg and have a nice bay. I kind of want to paint it a different color than the body. Gloss black? Gold? White? Tan? I cant make up my mind.

Oh holy hell... I'm gonna start pulling mine tomorrow... Guess I know what I've got to look forward too...:screwy::laugh:

But my bay wasn't shaved and tucked... So it should be fairly straight forward...

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Oh holy hell... I'm gonna start pulling mine tomorrow... Guess I know what I've got to look forward too...:screwy::laugh:

But my bay wasn't shaved and tucked... So it should be fairly straight forward...
Yeah lucky :laugh: knowing what I know now I probably could have gotten everything out in a day. Especially if I had had an engine hoist.

:beer::beer: for doing a complete swap OUTSIDE and w/o a hoist....im in the same boat as you(motor out and bay shaving) but there is no way in hell i would be doing it outside, so kudos to you sir:thumbup:

41 - 60 of 1,332 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.