VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lots of folks comparing antennas on here so I thought I would throw picks of mine up. It might not be what you dig, but I like it.
The reception is good, at least as good as stock as far as i can tell. Originally it was a brush aluminum, but I dig not like the way it weatehred. It got ugly whether it had wax or not on it. So I painted it with Appliance Epoxy and it looks sweet.

Later Sumo

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: Bee Sting Antenna -- I've been stung and I like it! (sumomike)

where did u get it from??
don't like the round nob @ the end

but @ least it has better reception than my TT antenna

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Bee Sting Antenna -- I've been stung and I like it! (supersport)

quote:[HR][/HR]what is it made from?[HR][/HR]​
It is made from brushed aluminum. It got a weird spoty finish on it when I took a long trip and I had to literally steelwool it to clean it. So I said screw that and painted it. It looks way better and weathers great now!
Pic of orginal antenna -- before painting

[Modified by sumomike, 12:39 AM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Bee Sting Antenna -- I've been stung and I like it! (Sappa)

quote:[HR][/HR]where did u get it from??
don't like the round nob @ the end

but @ least it has better reception than my TT antenna
[HR][/HR]​
I got it from Landspeed! here is the link
http://www.landspeedusa.com/products/vw_exterior_stubbyantenna.htm
Hey that little ball at the end is like an 1/8th of an inch at the most. This antenna is small. Take another look at the picks and don't sweet the ball-end.

[Modified by sumomike, 12:45 AM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
59 Posts

Does anyone know if it'll hit a votex spoiler on a GTI? It looks like it wouldn't....hmmmmmmm..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
59 Posts

I just got mine yesterday. I painted it with Rustoleum flat black spray paint. It seems to match the base a little better than the stuff you used. Anyway, it doesn't touch my votex spoiler, but comes maybe 1/8" away-perfect. Looks great!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: Bee Sting Antenna -- I've been stung and I like it! (tchockygti)

BTW the reception is unchanged-but then again I live about 10 miles from downtown Chicago. It seems to be the best antenna out there, after reading about issues with the S2k and TT antennas.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: Bee Sting Antenna -- I've been stung and I like it! (vwsteve)

quote:[HR][/HR]They've got these too...but at $59.95...I'll pass...for a better deal.
[HR][/HR]​
WTF is up with $60, its just a small plastic lense right?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.