VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
5,347 Posts
GM has such a diverse line, ur bound to like atleast one of them. If not, u r too damn picky.
I have vehicles that I like from all of the big three bit I prefer GM

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (IsraelGT)

I agree all have one or two models I'll pick, but GM have better engines and better luxury cars.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (Maflagulator)

Ford http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (Fettes Brot)

I like Ford's new offerings - Explorer, Expedition (both have IRS, never thought Ford would do that), F150, and 500 (that's what the new mid-size car is called?).

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (IsraelGT)

In Order:
1. Chrysler
2. Ford
3. GM

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (lacuna)

Quote, originally posted by lacuna »
In Order:
1. Chrysler
2. Ford
3. GM

BWAHAHA!! Have you seen the Neons/Cirrus//Caravans that are no more than 3 years old and they have no paint on the roof or some random spot on the car? Motors are weak, everytime a Caravan stops it makes a horrific whining noise. I say GM then Ford, then Chrysler

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of t ... (KyleMarshall)

Quote, originally posted by KyleMarshall »
BWAHAHA!! Have you seen the Neons/Cirrus//Caravans that are no more than 3 years old and they have no paint on the roof or some random spot on the car? Motors are weak, everytime a Caravan stops it makes a horrific whining noise. I say GM then Ford, then Chrysler

I was not attempting to argue the merits of Chrysler's past models. I simply like their new offerings more than those of the other 'Big 3' automakers.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of t ... (lacuna)

Quote, originally posted by lacuna »

I was not attempting to argue the merits of Chrysler's past models. I simply like their new offerings more than those of the other 'Big 3' automakers.

Thats just awesome. Congrats http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (KyleMarshall)

Quote, originally posted by KyleMarshall »

I'd be amazed if your VW would hold up as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,658 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (GLS_VR6)

1. chrysler
2. gm
3. ford

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (DanG)

I've heard rumors of RWD lightweight affordable cars...
I think I'm gonna start liking GM soon..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
1) Chrysler

2) Ford

A very, very distant 3) GM

I would consider purchasing a Mopar or Blue Oval. However, I will never buy a GM.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Re: (nuxx)

my family has had nothing but Fords and the occasional gm
'59 Fairlane (family hauler)
'58ish Impala (my grandfathers car, used as a taxi)
70 something Pinto (my moms first car)<--she chose this over a datsun 510...a 510!!!
2x '85 mercury topaz
'97 Sunfire (my moms thought it was absolute garbage, so did i)
'98 Contour Sport v6 5spd
(to replace the gm crap)
i've only had bad exeriences with gm vehicles, so it would be very hard to convince me to buy one
oh and as for the poll
1. Ford
2. Chrysler
3. GM

·
Registered
654 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (rx7racr)

Quote, originally posted by rx7racr »
I've heard rumors of RWD lightweight affordable cars...
I think I'm gonna start liking GM soon..

Ah yes, we've been hearing a lot about this in Australia. Our new head of Holden is an American, and he loves our cheap RWD sedans (on which the Monaro/Pontiac GTO is based) and would like to take the next generation platform (due in 2006) to the US and use it to make some damn nice RWD cars.
Naturally due to our new Free Trade Agreement, it is quite possible that we will start getting Holden's made in the US, but that makes sense, comparative advantage and all...

Anyway, here are photos of all the locally made RWD (and one AWD) range based on the Commodore Sedan (which has been out since 1997 in current form). Engines are 3.8L V6, Supercharged 3.8L V6 and 5.7L V8.
Commodore Sedan (SS model pictured):

Commodore Wagon:

Adventra:

Statesman\Caprice (longwheel base version):

Crewman:

Ute:

And of course, Monaro:

However, as decent as these cars are to drive, and quite cheap to buy, they tend to suffer pretty poor build quality. Fit and finish has improved substancially over the past few years, but there are still niggling little things. A friend has a new Statesman International (an AU$56,000 car) and from new the handbrake didn't work and after a few months some paint is peeling off the boot/trunk lid. V6 engines are pretty strong, although the LS1 5.7L V8 was plagued with oil consumption problems early on.

Modified by njm at 8:13 AM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
218 Posts
Re: Been posted before but still, which of the big 3 you like best? (njm)

I think GM is pathetic in design The Vette went fom looking like a redesigned NSX to a redesigned Viper Look at the to pictures and you'll see the same lines

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
for all out performance i would go for the gt. bang for the buck i would go for chevy. and if i wanted mind numbing and tire killing torque i would go for chryco.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts