VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 2 weeks ago, both of my key fobs stopped working at the same exact time. I have tried reprogramming both ways with VCDS and the way with both keys one in ignition and one in the door. I wasn't getting any response from either keys until i unplugged my battery for a while, then after that it would recognize one of the two keys doing the VCDS reprogramming, the hazards would flash after programming was complete. Even though it said it reprogrammed, they keys still wont work. I know it isn't the immobilizer since my car still starts my car. I also changed the batteries in the fobs, even though the light would always blink when i pressed a button. I also tested my car battery and i am getting a steady 12.0-12.1V. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. :banghead:
When I go to the measuring blocks, all i see for the remotes is not operational.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sounds like the module on the car, the one that controls central electrics. Not sure how you could test it for sure, probably the dealer. Possible a relay came unplugged or a loose wire somewhere? Have you installed anything recently or done other work in the car?

·
Registered
187 Posts
So about 2 weeks ago, both of my key fobs stopped working at the same exact time. I have tried reprogramming both ways with VCDS and the way with both keys one in ignition and one in the door. I wasn't getting any response from either keys until i unplugged my battery for a while, then after that it would recognize one of the two keys doing the VCDS reprogramming, the hazards would flash after programming was complete. Even though it said it reprogrammed, they keys still wont work. I know it isn't the immobilizer since my car still starts my car. I also changed the batteries in the fobs, even though the light would always blink when i pressed a button. I also tested my car battery and i am getting a steady 12.0-12.1V. I cannot for the life of me figure this out. :banghead:
When I go to the measuring blocks, all i see for the remotes is not operational.

Any suggestions?

I'm not a mechanic but the battery voltage sounds a tad low. A new 12 v battery could easily read over 13 volts. Maybe 13.5v. Is it reading 12-12.1 with the car off? Maybe read it when the car is on. Then maybe you can see if the alternator is pumping out a higher voltage.

How old is your battery?

The battery on my 2009 GTI is 5 years old. I was just thinking about chaining it after my battery on my Ford Bronco suddenly died last week.

Best

Tim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't done anything really recently to the car. Both fobs pretty much just stopped working on the same random day. And yeah, sorry i forgot to mention that the voltage reading was then the car was off. I will try when i am out of work again with the car running. The battery was purchased last year during the winter because the old one died. Its just weird because after i reset the battery, the car suddenly recognized the sync. I checked all fuses, i will have to check the relays as well.

As for the module, does anyone know where it would be located and if it is easily replaceable?

I appreciate your help and will get back to you with the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.