VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
surprise. my horn doesnt work either....
so i do need to get it working to pass inspection, right? now how in the world do you fix a horn....

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Re: beep beep. (turboBOESE)

Quote, originally posted by turboBOESE »
ha! get an airhorn, that's more fun anyway.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
653 Posts
Re: beep beep. (ichlieberadosxo)

Gotta have a working horn to pass Va inspection man...try doin a search on here about a broken horn...could be a short, or a fuse...Now I have heard that you can even put a old bicycle horn on your ride and they have to pass it, but I dunno...good luck

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Re: beep beep. (ichlieberadosxo)

basically you have to have power going to the horn, and a ground. Fuse and relay would be the first things to check. The power is activated by the horn button. If you have a multimeter or a tester it'll help a lot. The horn will be in front of the driver side wheel, right at the bottom. You'll see it once the inner lining is removed. Have someone press the horn button while you (or vice versa) test the power wire for 12v. If there is no power going to the horn, it won't work. Next test for power going to the horn button. If there isn't any, that's a problem.
if I get the bugs fixed in my caddy tomorrow I'll be heading down to richmond on sunday. If anything, I can help ya take a look at it.

Modified by rsrm491 at 10:18 PM 5-21-2004

1 - 8 of 8 Posts