VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get the daytime lights off.

I already did my Jetta what's the trick on the Beetle.

I need help.

The damn bulbs blow out every 10,000 miles!

Thanks VW http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Re: BEETLE DAYTIME LIGHTS-I WANT EM OFF-HELP ('02 Turbo S)

You dont really need the switch. Just put a piece of electrical tape over the TRL prong when you are looking at the connectors on the swtich. Follow the instructions on the bugmod.com.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Re: BEETLE DAYTIME LIGHTS-I WANT EM OFF-HELP (YllwTRB)

or pull relay 137 under the dash (which will also break the parking brake dash light functionality) or modify the relay which won't do so.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: BEETLE DAYTIME LIGHTS-I WANT EM OFF-HELP (gt2437)

Where is this relay 137 at ?

I did the bend the tab thing..that does NOT work

Relay 137 where are you?

HELP

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Re: BEETLE DAYTIME LIGHTS-I WANT EM OFF-HELP (dubberdave)

Quote, originally posted by dubberdave »
Where is this relay 137 at ?

I did the bend the tab thing..that does NOT work

Relay 137 where are you?

HELP

the relay is under the dash driver side. remove the 2-3 torx screws on the bottom horizontal cover to reveal the relay panel above. Remove it, but the brake warning light (tells when parking brake it up) will no longer work.
I think that pin is actually labeled TFL if you go that route. Cover it with electrical tape.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re: BEETLE DAYTIME LIGHTS-I WANT EM OFF-HELP (gt2437)

i thought it was relay 173, but it was 4 yrs ago so maybe it is 137??... it is above the brake/clutch pedals...
as mentioned if you simply pull 173 (or 137?) your "brake" indicator on your dash will not light when you e-brake is on, but you can open the relay and put a piece of electrical tape in between 1 of the 2 contacts (cant remember which one, but you have a 50/50 shot) and then put it back together... mine has been working like that for over 4yrs now w/o issue...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts