VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed it a while back, took a few snaps today.
Looks legit, aside from the aftermarket LED indicators. Real dirty, but it has the authentic interior seats from what I could see though the dusty film. It looks like it's the one reviewed below. It's in Spanish, but you don't need a translation to understand.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
There is a car wholesaler who has a YouTube channel and he said he imported one from Mexico?According to him the car is old enough now that it can be imported in someway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a car wholesaler who has a YouTube channel and he said he imported one from Mexico?According to him the car is old enough now that it can be imported in someway?

I saw that clip. Don't know if it's the same one.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think this one is owned by a Mexican national, who brought it over. The sticker on the rear hatch is the same one on the YouTube link I attached.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Very nice,they only made 100-something of those worldwide,correct?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
According to him the car is old enough now that it can be imported in someway?
If they are talking about importing to the US, we have a 25 year rule, so it would have to be from '96 or earlier to be imported with no issues. Any newer you'll have to get DOT approvals and things. Its a lot of hoops to jump through.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
The guy in the video; sells cars for a living and lives in SoCal. I wonder, how he was able to get the car registered in California; unless, he is just driving it and somehow, is running Mexican plates or not actually, having it registered and insured in the USA? I would love to drive one or own one; someday, I guess, it is probably similar to how a Mark IV R32 drives and feels?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy in the video; sells cars for a living and lives in SoCal. I wonder, how he was able to get the car registered in California; unless, he is just driving it and somehow, is running Mexican plates or not actually, having it registered and insured in the USA? I would love to drive one or own one; someday, I guess, it is probably similar to how a Mark IV R32 drives and feels?
It has dealer tag, so it might be unregistered.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I saw the video, a number of years ago and he discussed the car, in english and I was wondering at the time, how he was driving, using it in the USA or possibly, he gets around it by using his dealer tags? I was under the impression; he somehow was registered but maybe, he just lives, works in both countries?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts