VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Believed Audi European Launch Itinerary for 2007 Surfaces

Check out this document we found posted online. It certainly looks official, and it highlights plans for new model launches in 2008. It should be noted, written in German, this appears to be the plan for Europe. It may not directly correlate to the US, though we can all take a wild guess at what does. Further, we have not been able to verify the legitimacy of the file.

The interesting things to note....
A3 Facelift (Middle 2008) - We're guessing a 2009 model year refresh based on some of the changes we've seen on the European-only A3 cabriolet.
Original thread from Tyresmoke
http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbth.../nt/1
A3 Cabriolet - end of January, Europe only
Audi TTS - 2nd quarter 2008, 198 kW, manual and S-tronic
A4 Avant - Spring 2008 (we hear it may drop at Geneva)
S5 Tiptronic - First quarter 2008
Q5 - End of third quarter 2008, 2.0 TDI and 3.0 TDI, manual tranny on 2.0 TDI and "S-Tronic" on both. Could this be the first iteration of the longitudinal DSG?
A6 Facelift - middle 2008
RS6 - first quarter 2008
Q7 V12 TDI - end of third quarter 2008

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Re: Believed Audi European Launch Itinerary for 2007 Surfaces ([email protected])

FYI, George: Title says 2007, not 2008 on the post topic.
Interesting schedule, indeed, for the Euro launches. Looks like a packed year next year!

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Believed Audi European Launch Itinerary for 2007 Surfaces (Travis Grundke)

Thanks. I was rushing to get this up this morning as I was on my way out the door. Fixed.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Re: Believed Audi European Launch Itinerary for 2007 Surfaces ([email protected])

?: What does "HS" relate to?
Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
Q5 - End of third quarter 2008, 2.0 TDI and 3.0 TDI, manual tranny on 2.0 TDI and "S-Tronic" on both. Could this be the first iteration of the longitudinal DSG?

(note: there is no 2.0 TDI S-tronic showing, only manual. regardless..)
That would be my guess too. The Q5 likely justifies the cost for DSG - I know that is a vehicle I would not even have to think 2x's about getting it with the option.
I just don't understand the point of putting out the tiptronic A5 TDI, only ~1 quarter prior.
-Wouldn't these 2 vehicles be able to share the trans? Why not just wait and put DSG in the A5 TDI too? (seems like a waste).
The Q5 really is getting the goods: B-chassis 2.0TDI 6MT quattro http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif (just too bad the States will likely not get this setup for a lonng time
)
-hopefully we will at least get the transverse setup in the TT and A3

Modified by ylwghost at 3:13 PM 12-4-2007

·
Registered
25,758 Posts
I thought TTS is supposed to have 2.5 I5?
Also, what's the deal with 88KW (~120hp?) A4 1.8TFSI? Do they actually mean 1.4TSI?
Also noted with interest on the Q5 S-tronic... it is finally here.

Modified by bzcat at 6:02 PM 12-5-2007

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Re: (bzcat)

Quote, originally posted by bzcat »

Also, what's the deal with 88KW (~120hp?) A4 1.8TFSI? Do they actually mean 1.4TSI?

It's a base version of the A4 which will be sold only in Europe. The pressure of the Turbo is reduced and the power output is lower.

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (bzcat)

Quote, originally posted by bzcat »
I thought TTS is supposed to have 2.5 I5?
Modified by bzcat at 6:02 PM 12-5-2007

no, that's another hotter TT that's planned.

·
Registered
16,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (audidriver4ever)

That's a list from Quattro Quarterly. It's interesting to consider and much of it is probably right, but it's not official.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts