VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say that I got my 3x19.6x6 (629CFM) intercooler from these guys and I'm loving life. I love companies that have excellent web sites with informative text, say they ship fast, and do, and the product itsself looks great. I know it's not in my car yet, but I'd urge anyone with DIY FMIC projects to look their way. The intercooler is awesome looking. I'll be posting pics of not only of the intercooler itsself, but also of my cusom install and piping. It'll take a couple of weeks, but for now, I'd say they're the best in terms of sales and customer service I've dealt with so far.
Speedy G

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Re: Bellintercoolers.com rules!!! (9VW23yrs)

Quote, originally posted by 9VW23yrs »
Bell intercoolers = Corky Bell, a mechanical engineering graduate from Texas A&M
nuff said

lol i went to school with his daughter... Cool people. But I thought it was Kenny Bell?

Modified by judoGTI at 12:28 PM 5-9-2003

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Re: Bellintercoolers.com rules!!! (VDUBNDizzy)

Maybe it's just me but those endtank assembly pics are messin me up. I keep thinkin the tanks are being attached to top and bottom only...Even with the arrow, maybe a little top and bottom notation on the pic would help.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Bellintercoolers.com rules!!! (BoostedVeeDub)

Regarding the assembly inventory on their site, the endtanks are attached on top and bottom only, but if you get a taller than wide IC, choose the "I" endtank configuration, and turn it 90 degrees, you get an IC that looks like the ATP one.
The exact part number was 300196060 with both endtanks in the A configuration since I'll be using mostly stock piping. The core lists for USD375, but with welded on endtanks I paid USD601 plus 14.69 for shipping and handling. Weight is 13lbs.
Now if I could only find my digicam, I'd post a pic....
[EDIT] Found the digicam, but the batteries ran out before I got a good shot:

Speedy G

Modified by Speedy G at 6:33 PM 5-9-2003

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Re: Bellintercoolers.com rules!!! (Speedy G)

Do those end tanks have internal baffels. Also will you have to modify the bumper in any way like all the others that I have seen coming out with this style intercooler.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Bellintercoolers.com rules!!! (tobyc)

Not sure about the baffles, what do they look like? I'm less concerned with efficiency and more with pressure drop, and that should be minimal. Efficiency will be much higher than the stock one in any case.
I have a Skoda Octavia, so I don't have the bumper issues you guys have. In fact I could've put in an FMIC the size of the radiator, 3 inches thick.
Speedy G

·
Banned
537 Posts
Re: Bellintercoolers.com rules!!! (judoGTI)

Quote, originally posted by judoGTI »

lol i went to school with his daughter... Cool people. But I thought it was Kenny Bell?

Modified by judoGTI at 12:28 PM 5-9-2003

Holy crap! There's a guy named Kenny Bell who did my brakes on my Benz less than 3 miles from my house! Surely it's not the same guy?! (Charleston, WV?)

·
Banned
537 Posts
Re: Bellintercoolers.com rules!!! (Speedy G)

Quote, originally posted by Speedy G »
Regarding the assembly inventory on their site, the endtanks are attached on top and bottom only, but if you get a taller than wide IC, choose the "I" endtank configuration, and turn it 90 degrees, you get an IC that looks like the ATP one.
The exact part number was 300196060 with both endtanks in the A configuration since I'll be using mostly stock piping. The core lists for USD375, but with welded on endtanks I paid USD601 plus 14.69 for shipping and handling. Weight is 13lbs.

Do you feel like this one is better than the Forge Intercooler for the 1.8T? If so, why?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Bellintercoolers.com rules!!! (Greyfax)

Sure it's better than Forge:
1) I'm 100% sure it fits my car (Skoda).
2) It's the exact flow that I need for my project, slightly above 300whp, so I know that the pressure drop will be minimal.
3) I was able to get it now and not wait 5 months (Forge was due in Jan.)
4) It's way cheaper because piping is custom made here in Colombia, but even in the US it's cheaper to go custom.
5) My endtanks make more sense than the Forge.
6) If the Forge is slightly more efficient, big deal. Mine will give me enough cooling anyway.
Speedy G

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.