VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the last 2 hours searching, and i can't seem to find the one post about AC removal that had links to other threads relating to the pulley and belts needed. Luckily I ordered the pulley (the cheap one, with no grooves) while I could still find the post!!
My question is this: of all the "belt posts" that reccomend simply measuring around the pulleys, what about the tensioner? I should compress it, right?
If anyone has the same set-up that I will, maybe you could just tell me the length you used-- 68mm SC pulley and the additional water-pump pulley for removed AC (are these all the same? I wish I could tell you the part #....)
Any advice would be appreciated: belt lengths, part #'s, how-to, or links!!
Thanks ---Dave

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: belt sizes / measuring (schrodiggity)

No problem. I'm not 100% completely postive about the power steering belt size I list there, since I haven't actually put it on the car yet. It *should* work, though. Just don't come yelling if it doesn't.

Hey, just noticed you are from Buffalo. If ya feel like driving a couple hours this weekend, come on down to Ithaca:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=314349
-Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.