VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Re: Belt tensioner bolt size... (Deutscher_Wagen)

bump for this. ive had mine laying around forever and would also like to get it done. wut size allen bolt etc. is necessary??? thx. any special correct way to do it?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Re: Belt tensioner bolt size... (snuffyboy3)

It's an 8mm bolt folks
Just bought a pack of three at Lowes Hardware.
Get one that's long enough...about 2.5 inches long (make sure it's threaded all the way up to the head).

·
Registered
16,681 Posts
Re: Belt tensioner bolt size... (Deutscher_Wagen)

Go to home depot. 8mm x 1.25 as I recall. The hardest part about the whole job was running the new belt around the pulleys correctly.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Re: Belt tensioner bolt size... (shftat6)

The bently call for a 8x80 MM bolt. You can use something shorter that 80mm. But they are right, go to your local hardware store and pic one up.

·
Registered
16,681 Posts
Re: Belt tensioner bolt size... (OhioGinster)

I like how the Bentley tells you how long but not the thread pitch. Someone chime in if I am wrong but it is 8mmx1.25 , isn't it? And I think 60mm is about as short as you want to go.

·
Registered
20-year vortex veteran
2,125 Posts
Re: Belt tensioner bolt size... (shftat6)

quote:[HR][/HR]I like how the Bentley tells you how long but not the thread pitch. Someone chime in if I am wrong but it is 8mmx1.25 , isn't it? And I think 60mm is about as short as you want to go.[HR][/HR]​
I don't think you usually have to worry about that with metric bolts.. just get an M8 x 80.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts