VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Re: Best all around exhaust for a MK4 VR6 (tcrboravr6)

there hasn't been an independant dyno testing yet of all the setups but they did do it on the 1.8T in european car...I recommend reading it.
They say TT next to oettinger and remus are all good...however remus makes the oettinger exhaust and they are both expensive....you could buy the remus muffler and get a resonatorless straight pipe fromt he cat bacclose to the best HP and still be under the price of the Remus or oettinger full cat back.
TT is good and not too expensive....
some people like the techtonics though it is expensive like the remus oettinger...

[Modified by QuickStick, 1:43 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
927 Posts
Re: Best all around exhaust for a MK4 VR6 (QuickStick)

quote:[HR][/HR]TT is good and not too expensive....some people like the techtonics though it is expensive also...[HR][/HR]​
Huh?

[Modified by woodrell, 1:39 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Re: Best all around exhaust for a MK4 VR6 (woodrell)

What about Thermal brand exausts, I have one on my 99 2.0L and its the best I've seen and heard! My buddy has a 2000 GTI VR6 and he got one, looks nice and understated, sounds real good too, thats what I'm gonna get for my GLX garanteed!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Re: Best all around exhaust for a MK4 VR6 (Mojoban)

I've got the Eurosport...It's the best sounding VR6 system...(I've had a few VR6's and a few exhaust's on them...) The Eurosport also is one of the best for 1.8t...

·
Registered
545 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]What about Thermal brand exausts, I have one on my 99 2.0L and its the best I've seen and heard! My buddy has a 2000 GTI VR6 and he got one, looks nice and understated, sounds real good too, thats what I'm gonna get for my GLX garanteed![HR][/HR]​
Did he get it from SpeedStyle? I was quoted $950 from them for the R&D Catback.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts

when you are dropping this kind of money and looking for performance...make sure to shop around and get dyno numbers before you buy.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Re: Best all around exhaust for a MK4 VR6 (limeyb)

quote:[HR][/HR]Did he get it from SpeedStyle? I was quoted $950 from them for the R&D Catback.[HR][/HR]​
Yup! Its Brent with the Futura Yellow GTI. Thats where I got mine too, it was the only one that had Dyno graphs to prove how good it realy was! Full stainless and polished from front to back. I paid close to 1200$ CAN installed on my 99 2.0L. Worth every penny! I had a Brullen and also a Eurosport, none of which can compare to the Thermal.....to me anyways!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Thanks for the info Mojoban..are you a member of http://www.Ottawa-VDubing.com ?[HR][/HR]​
Yes...yes I am. Unfortunatly I have not attended a meeting yet! And now my car is in storage, check my sig for pics. But once winter is over I'll be rollin' in a brand new 2002 Jetta GLX and attending as many meetings as I can!

·
Registered
545 Posts

Cool, I went to the last one at Le Skratch...nice bunch of guys. See you in the new year then

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Sound is not what I'm looking for I want the best gains for the vr6 with a chip. Sound means nothing.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts

Straight Open Exhaust... Muhaha...
I thought the Remus muffler+tips with a 3" TDI cat-back sounded promising? Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

Then why does your title ask for "best all around" exhaust if all you're looking for the the most gains??

I also think you should opt for a Eurosport exhaust.... Not a very loud exhaust, but a very nice sound and one of the top performers, as well! (tied for first for the 1.8T in the European Car test in the November issue) AND.... it's not that expensive either.. which is a nice bonus! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://www.eurosportacc.com

[Modified by 1.8Trippin, 12:25 PM 11-27-2001]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts