VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point out the best aluminum exhaust system for me.
How long do they last (best and worst case scenario)
How do they Sound comparing to ss
G

·
Banned
501 Posts
Re: Best aluminum exhaust system. (G-Funk)

best alum. i'd say is eurosport's. put down some of the best numbers in euro. car mag., and i listened to the sound clip, sounds completely nuts awesome

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Re: Best aluminum exhaust system. (Bug_Power)

quote:[HR][/HR]Make your own for under $200[HR][/HR]​
word, if you want aluminum, you're most likely not thinking looonng term, so just save some cash and get a custom system.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Best aluminum exhaust system. (THE Wuss)

Don't plan to keep this car over 5 yrs (probably not even 3 yrs) + live in florida roads don't get solted so ss i really not necesary. But I have another question how come resonator back (remus), and Catback (eurosport) produce nearly the same hp/tq numbers in EC mag.
G

·
Registered
306 Posts

I wouldn't worry about salt. I live in Calgary, and we get harsh winters here. Roads gets gravel and salt, temperatures reach 9DegF and below. I've had an aluminized exhaust system in my wife's Maxima since 1998. Still looks like the day i got it installed.

·
Registered
644 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]But I have another question how come resonator back (remus), and Catback (eurosport) produce nearly the same hp/tq numbers in EC mag.
[HR][/HR]​
I'vebeen wondering the same thing. I REALLY wish there was a 3" CB Remus system. I would buy that thing SOOO fast. Considering the power made from a 2.25" resonator back system, Imagine what you would get with a 3" Remus CB system and, a 3" DP! Even if they were making a 2.5" CB system, I would be in. For whatever reason, thier exhausts really put up the numbers, while maintaining stock volume levels.
Does anyone have any idea if it would be feasible to have a 2.5" or 3" system fabbed with a Remus muffler? Does Remus make mufflers with different inlet sizes? (I'm sure they do)

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Re: Best aluminum exhaust system. (jasonhouse)

hmmm... a 3in Remus catback, probably priced the same as a Golf GL

nice thought though

·
Registered
644 Posts
Re: Best aluminum exhaust system. (THE Wuss)

LOL...Not that much but, I wouldn't have a problem ponying up the green for what would arguabley be the best exhaust around (if quiet power is your goal)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts