VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,890 Posts
*Sorry I thought I read fogs in your message. I know people have swapped out for LEDs with deautoled, but I understand it’s a tight fit to try and get in there and swap out. I’m sure others here can help or check the What did you do to your MK2 Tiguan? thread.

I picked up deautoled led fogs. You don’t need to remove the bumper. Just have a friend help you by holding the wheel well cover back and have the LEDs at the 3 and 9 position.

Plug and play, no error codes.

Clean the post off real good and you can mount the ballast here on the driver side.

Passenger side.

Got them since they color match. At the time deAutoLED didn’t have just yellow, so I may switch at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: deAutoLED.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you! I am interested in just head lights at this point, this is good and many people have recommended the same company for lights so I will most likely go with them when I am ready. I will check it out once it gets warmer and definitely have a professional shop do or I do have some buddies that are VW addicts that can surely help, basically even plug and play I am not touching it lol.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Lock with keyfob while engine running*

09-Central Electronics
Adaptation
Access control – Funk bei Klemme 15 ein
Set to active

*To unlock you will need to use your keyfob, comfort access won’t unlock or lock if the engine is running.
I've looked at this in the past. Do you have to press start again with the keyfob nearby before driving off (just like remote start is)?

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,890 Posts
No, just kessy won’t work to lock/unlock with touch/proximity. You just have to unlock/lock with your keyfob.

·
Registered
57 Posts
also, this may be may be obvious to others but it worked on my old car and I tried on my tiguan and it worked. You can lock and unlock your car by pressing your finger on the door handle. I have to recheck if you can do it with car on and you leave car, but it def works otherwise, you just have to have key fob on you

·
Registered
240 Posts
One thing I can't stand is how the rear trunk light is stored away in the side compartment, making it useless when you have boxes or anything that covers that side. Also, the headlights are absolutely abysmal and the fact that they still have Halogens on these cars is mind boggling to me. The auto/start stop is also annoying as it's never smooth, sometimes I forget to disable it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Here's one: Automatic emergency breaking feature.
When the car is in drive and you open the drivers door the car will stop automatically (and abruptly) by engaging the electronic emergency break.
Click here for a video of this feature in action
Indeed, I was trying to reenact a part of the Jack Reacher movie (was on AMC last night), and the car would not keep rolling. Damn.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One thing I can't stand is how the rear trunk light is stored away in the side compartment, making it useless when you have boxes or anything that covers that side. Also, the headlights are absolutely abysmal and the fact that they still have Halogens on these cars is mind boggling to me. The auto/start stop is also annoying as it's never smooth, sometimes I forget to disable it.
The rear trunk light is definitely terrible. Would it have been so difficult to do an overhead light?

On the higher end trims, the headlights are fine - not terrible, but not great. I do appreciate the auto-headlights on long road trips through the mountains though. I was curious how well they would work but they've reacted really well. The only time I had an issue was before I learned how to turn the feature off - got behind a truck with a trailer that had dim taillights and the sensor wouldn't register so i had my high beams on behind him. Took me a few mins of that to figure out how to turn them off.

Two things that really annoy me:
  • The ding letting me know its 4 degrees outside. Yes. Thank you. Its a Canadian Winter and i just had to turn off traction control to get out of a snow bank. Im well aware that there might be ice on the road.
  • That when the adaptive cruise sensor gets too dirty to work it shuts down that feature (totally fair) but also disables regular cruise control. It shouldn't use the sensor so why can't i have cruise control?

Reactions: GregRob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah an LED strip in the trunk is one of the first things I did. At least with the German models they have a second light on the other side as well.
I did the same thing. No extra wiring since it is a battery operated, motion sensitive LED lightstrip. It's magnetic, so I just pop it off when it needs recharging and thin enough to be attached to the cargo cover. Cheap solution to an annoying problem.

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan SE R Line Black
115 Posts
I have an issue with the Auto Headlight setup. I've always used this feature in every veichel I've owned in the last 25 years. It's always given about a 5 to 10 second delay when you drive under a bridge or tunnel before the lights come on. The Tiguan turns on the lights immediately, even driving under an overpass at freeway speeds. I only noticed it because my Google Maps app flips back and forth between Day and Night modes constantly. White, then black, then back to white. Even a tree branch can throw enough of a shadow to trip the system. I can't find anywhere to change the delay time and I know if I go back to the dealer I'll hear those wonderful words "It's suppose to be that way".

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have an issue with the Auto Headlight setup. I've always used this feature in every veichel I've owned in the last 25 years. It's always given about a 5 to 10 second delay when you drive under a bridge or tunnel before the lights come on. The Tiguan turns on the lights immediately, even driving under an overpass at freeway speeds. I only noticed it because my Google Maps app flips back and forth between Day and Night modes constantly. White, then black, then back to white. Even a tree branch can throw enough of a shadow to trip the system. I can't find anywhere to change the delay time and I know if I go back to the dealer I'll hear those wonderful words "It's suppose to be that way".
Heh, yep. It will get scared of its own shadow too and kick them on on a bright sunny day at the right angle. There's one particular tree lined street I would drive that had them kicking on/off constantly like I was flashing drivers in front of me.

·
Registered
345 Posts
There’s a setting for this...

Go to Vehicle Settings, then Lights, and change the Turn On Time to “late”.

I had the same issue, mentioned it to the dealer who gave the same “that’s the way it is” response then I stumbled across this setting. It’s not really described in the manual but it does what you are looking for.

Cheers!
DoC

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan SE R Line Black
115 Posts
There’s a setting for this...

Go to Vehicle Settings, then Lights, and change the Turn On Time to “late”.

I had the same issue, mentioned it to the dealer who gave the same “that’s the way it is” response then I stumbled across this setting. It’s not really described in the manual but it does what you are looking for.

Cheers!
DoC

Thank you. I will check that out.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Do a search, there is a whole thread on how to get this setting. You have to change the sensor behind the rearview mirror. It will get this setting for you (with some coding changes), and as a bonus you will get automatic wipers!
what search term to use?

I was able to pull some info from the automatic wipers so I ordered that actually following this thread

but not sure what to search to get the coding info for the auto on headlight sensitivity adjustment.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

Post #110 from the same thread you copied!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

Post #110 from the same thread you copied!
wow guess I missed that! Ordered the new sensor so I’ll give it a go. Glad I found this!

21 - 40 of 78 Posts