VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2021 VW Tiguan, R-Line Black (former owner of a 2004 VW Tourareg V8 - 1st model year in the US)
36 Posts
Gas tank cover locks and unlocks when doors are locked and unlocked. You still have to press the tank cover to have it pop open but you can only open it when the doors are unlocked. I guess I'll have to revise my habit of locking my doors when I get out to fill my tank up. see my video demonstration here

·
Registered
3 Posts
I a newer owner of a 2021 Tiguan SE Rline and constantly finding new things out about the car. a couple of things that I had questions on and are annoying because I cant figure it out is. Car shutting off except radio - If I go somewhere and then park and sit in my car for a bit it will "sometimes" shut off. For example, if I want to get coffee or something quick, I park and want to leave the car on and lock it but it shuts off. I wondered at first if it tracks location because it mainly happens at my house when I get back but I also notice it other places. Thoughts? the other thing is the fog lights, they seem to go on at random times as well. I believe they go on parking and reversing but I could swear they go on at random times while driving
That annoyed me too, until I just on a whim decided to turn off the auto start/stop feature using the button by the gear shifter. My daughter had an event at a storefront, and I had to stay in the car and use the wifi for a Zoom meeting I had to attend at the same time, so I needed the car on in order to use the wifi. I was in the meeting over an hour, and the car stayed on the whole time. Maybe you could try that and see if it helps you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My favorite feature on my 2020 SE is the backup camera. It is a MUCH clearer view from the car that I came from.
My husband's favorite feature is the little clip by the vanity mirror. Whenever we have to go to a drive thru to buy something, he gets a kick out of putting the credit card there until we are done shopping or running errands. Lol!

My least favorite features are the lack of a memory driver's seat, lack of a power passenger seat, and the annoyingly odd shaped space that is the glovebox. Hard to get anything of real substance in there, especially with the user manual in there. Also annoying is the fact that the doors unlock as soon as the Tiguan is shifted to Park. I don't want my doors to unlock until I am ready to get out, or at the very least, I turned the power off, and I wish there was a setting that changed this.

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,895 Posts
My favorite feature on my 2020 SE is the backup camera. It is a MUCH clearer view from the car that I came from.
My husband's favorite feature is the little clip by the vanity mirror. Whenever we have to go to a drive thru to buy something, he gets a kick out of putting the credit card there until we are done shopping or running errands. Lol!

My least favorite features are the lack of a memory driver's seat, lack of a power passenger seat, and the annoyingly odd shaped space that is the glovebox. Hard to get anything of real substance in there, especially with the user manual in there. Also annoying is the fact that the doors unlock as soon as the Tiguan is shifted to Park. I don't want my doors to unlock until I am ready to get out, or at the very least, I turned the power off, and I wish there was a setting that changed this.
Here you go:

Doors unlock when driver door handle pulled, not when shift to park

09 Central Electrics
Adaptation
ZV Autolock
Autounlock NAR
Change from Active to Not Active

If that doesn’t work try:

09 Central Electrics
Security Code 31347
Adaptation
ZV Autolock
Default Value automatisches Entriegein: active
Change value automatisches Entriegein: not active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jonese

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,895 Posts
I hate that the passenger side sunvisor isn’t telescoping. I tried to see if one off a different model would work but size and design is different. Even ordered a sunvisor from a RHD model in the UK and it wasn’t telescoping . Seriously VW, why?!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Does anyone have the feature of excessive vibration when stopped if the auto start/stop is not active. Just picked up my 2021 and noticed when I am stopped I get a very noticeable vibration while idling in drive.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Does anyone have the feature of excessive vibration when stopped if the auto start/stop is not active. Just picked up my 2021 and noticed when I am stopped I get a very noticeable vibration while idling in drive.
Yes, the 2.0 motor in the tig has a bit of NVH at low rpm and transmits vibration when in gear and holding the brake. It may just have stiffer mounts compared to other motors also.
In park it is usually smooth.
That’s my experience with it.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Yes, the 2.0 motor in the tig has a bit of NVH at low rpm and transmits vibration when in gear and holding the brake. It may just have stiffer mounts compared to other motors also.
Good to know. My last Volkswagen was a 2.0 Jetta (2018) non-turbo, but good to know this is acceptable.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I find the motor very smooth compared to my 1.8T B5 Passat.

·
Registered
2019 Atlas SEL V6
3,895 Posts
Normal and many threads on this and it’s been explained to me it’s due to the Budack Cycle. Sounds like a diesel at cold start but smooths out when warmed and driving.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Our Tig’s vibration while idling in gear got worse after the 24GB update. It is not objectionable and well worth the tradeoff for better throttle behavior, though it is a bit harsh by today’s high NVH standards.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Normal and many threads on this and it’s been explained to me it’s due to the Budack Cycle. Sounds like a diesel at cold start but smooths out when warmed and driving.

That's so weird I could have sworn something was wrong and was going to bring to dealership. Its getting Hella cold in nh and it always sounds weird and diesel like and then goes away. What is budack cycle?

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan SE R Line Black
115 Posts
My 2021 vibrates in reverse. When I back out of the garage the vibration is noticeable. When I shift back to Drive, the vibration goes away.

·
Vendor
23,078 Posts
*Sorry I thought I read fogs in your message. I know people have swapped out for LEDs with deautoled, but I understand it’s a tight fit to try and get in there and swap out. I’m sure others here can help or check the What did you do to your MK2 Tiguan? thread.

I picked up deautoled led fogs. You don’t need to remove the bumper. Just have a friend help you by holding the wheel well cover back and have the LEDs at the 3 and 9 position.

Plug and play, no error codes.

Clean the post off real good and you can mount the ballast here on the driver side.

Passenger side.

Got them since they color match. At the time deAutoLED didn’t have just yellow, so I may switch at some point.

Thanks for sharing. It looks great

·
Registered
13 Posts
21 Tig with Fender audio: the volume resets every time I turn the ignition off. This is maddening; I know what volume I want, please don’t try to be helpful by making a suggestion.

I’ve looked for a way to turn this off in Settings, haven’t found it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I know my 2019 SE had an adjustment for start up volume in the menu. I don't know if it had an off button.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts