VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I know my 2019 SE had an adjustment for start up volume in the menu. I don't know if it had an off button.
Yea, it’s the “maximum startup volume” in the user profiles, but I think the issue is that the OP has a 2021 and it appears the ‘21 doesn’t have user profiles in the new MIB. My guess is that his max start volume feature is set for some reason but he can’t change it because he can’t get to the setting in the MIB to change it.

...just my guess anyway.

Cheers,
DoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi everyone. Does anyone else experience horrible mpg I have 21 r line black. Just over a month almost 800 miles and only average 16mpg?? This is all just city driving but it seems wicked low

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone. Does anyone else experience horrible mpg I have 21 r line black. Just over a month almost 800 miles and only average 16mpg?? This is all just city driving but it seems wicked low
That's really bad. I average 27 combined with snow tires and a ski rack up top on my '20 SE in normal mode.

Are you ripping around Dominic Toretto?

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's really bad. I average 27 combined with snow tires and a ski rack up top on my '20 SE in normal mode.

Are you ripping around Dominic Toretto?
Lol i have no.idea why it is so bad. Or possibly it's not accurate. I am a pretty chill driver and mainly do short trips of a couple miles each way. I expect it to be a little low because it's not highway driving but I feel something is wrong. Any advice?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
21 says I’m getting 300-340 per tank. I do feel like it goes quicker though. I haven’t looked at the average MPG though. I do know I’m filling it up more than my Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is weird, but it might be the fact that the Jeep had a bigger tank as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
21 says I’m getting 300-340 per tank. I do feel like it goes quicker though. I haven’t looked at the average MPG though. I do know I’m filling it up more than my Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is weird, but it might be the fact that the Jeep had a bigger tank as well.
That is close to range I get but doing math backwards the mpg avg in car is off. I am going to try eco mode as well.

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan SE R Line Black
115 Posts
I've got a '21 R Line with 900 miles and I seem to be getting around 19 or 20 around town. Of course, I live in L.A. so around town means some freeway too. On the road I was pleased to see 32.7 after a 50 mile run last Sunday.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My favourite recently discovered feature is the backup camera. Yes, I always knew it was there.. BUT, I just recently found out it has different views, 4 to be exact. There's the standard view, parallel park view (which is the standard view with an overlay), a wide angle, and my favourite, a bird's eye view of the trailer hitch connector with an overlay showing you the angle of your trailer. Pretty awesome feature I have to say. I'm pretty good at backing up a trailer, but with this I can tell if my trailer is EXACTLY straight before I start backing up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got a '21 R Line with 900 miles and I seem to be getting around 19 or 20 around town. Of course, I live in L.A. so around town means some freeway too. On the road I was pleased to see 32.7 after a 50 mile run last Sunday.
I juat spoke with the dealership and they said it's because of the "winter gas" and it has more alcohol which burns quicker? Does that makes sense to you guys and gals? I am in NH and winters are bad

·
Registered
423 Posts
I juat spoke with the dealership and they said it's because of the "winter gas" and it has more alcohol which burns quicker? Does that makes sense to you guys and gals? I am in NH and winters are bad
Ontario here, and not a terrible winter, but obviously colder than a lot of US locales. I've noticed the recent mileage has been poop as well this season. I assumed it was because:
  • Engine less efficient at first when cold, and stays colder longer these days
  • Shorter trips for essentials than before - no more long work commutes (Covid)
Hadn't thought of winter gas, but that makes sense as another factor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ontario here, and not a terrible winter, but obviously colder than a lot of US locales. I've noticed the recent mileage has been poop as well this season. I assumed it was because:
  • Engine less efficient at first when cold, and stays colder longer these days
  • Shorter trips for essentials than before - no more long work commutes (Covid)
Hadn't thought of winter gas, but that makes sense as another factor.
Ya I will say winter has been milder but still cold and recent snow. The dealer mentioned it immediately like everyone should know gas is different in winter and then like you I do short trips

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ya I will say winter has been milder but still cold and recent snow. The dealer mentioned it immediately like everyone should know gas is different in winter and then like you I do short trips
Yep, MA driver here. Summer gas blends do give better MPG results. Still, I have have been quite pleased withe the 27MPG average I have been getting in my '18 SE. Highest I have seen is a hair over 32 MPG, but I was really behaving and playing the Think Blue game.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep, MA driver here. Summer gas blends do give better MPG results. Still, I have have been quite pleased withe the 27MPG average I have been getting in my '18 SE. Highest I have seen is a hair over 32 MPG, but I was really behaving and playing the Think Blue game.
Nice, are u doing alot of highway driving

·
Registered
3 Posts
One thing I can't stand is how the rear trunk light is stored away in the side compartment, making it useless when you have boxes or anything that covers that side. Also, the headlights are absolutely abysmal and the fact that they still have Halogens on these cars is mind boggling to me. The auto/start stop is also annoying as it's never smooth, sometimes I forget to disable it.
trunk light is garbage

·
Registered
3 Posts
My favourite recently discovered feature is the backup camera. Yes, I always knew it was there.. BUT, I just recently found out it has different views, 4 to be exact. There's the standard view, parallel park view (which is the standard view with an overlay), a wide angle, and my favourite, a bird's eye view of the trailer hitch connector with an overlay showing you the angle of your trailer. Pretty awesome feature I have to say. I'm pretty good at backing up a trailer, but with this I can tell if my trailer is EXACTLY straight before I start backing up.
have to ask how you switch between different views ? of the backup camera :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
have to ask how you switch between different views ? of the backup camera :)
I don't remember exactly as I don't use that feature often, but IIRC when the camera is on, you just move your hand over to the screen and some options will pop up. One of those options might say View on it or something and from there you can pick between the 4 camera views. It's not a permanent change though. Every time the camera turns back on it'll revert to the default view.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts