VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this? Killa? I am going to be doing the Matrix Turbo(modified a bit to suit my needs), and I want to get an idea of what I should be running. I have a set of the Schrick 260/276 cams brand new that I haven't put in yet because they are too "big" for what I plan to do. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Best cams for 16V Turbo? (RavenGTi)

Well, "my level" is only limited by how much money I am willing to spend. I'm more than willing to take the time to do things right, but I prefer to do them right the first time. I have a second car to drive, so that's not an issue, either. I'm just the type of person to collect all of the necessary parts and do the whole project in one shot.
The plan is to run about 9:1 compression with about 10-12psi of boost. I'm going to use the Matrix kit, but modified a bit(including a FMIC), but I want to get some reliable power out of it. The car isn't going to be too wild...I'm not after a drag racer, just a fast street car. Any input is welcome, as I am rather new to the whole forced induction game.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.