VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I plan on purchasing a new (used) car within the next few months and am curious on what I should look for.
I am hoping to find something that will last a few years (4-5) without any MAJOR repairs. I am a college student and only work during the summer so if the engine takes a dive during the winter I would be in a lot of trouble.
I also want something that will be fun to drive to and looks good. Leaning towards an A2 or A3 (if possible) GTI or GLI.
What should I look for? Thanks in advance for any advice given.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: Best Car for 5k? (Nutdotnet)

i see you are in AK which makes things harder to chose from i guess, here in CA you can find a good 100K mile golf for about $2-2.5k thats what i'd go for cuz unless you work on the car yourself i rather have some extra for repairs

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Best Car for 5k? (arribasn)

Hmmm....well I was hoping to find a car for around 5k that didn't need repairs. I am also hoping to have enough side-cash to be able to have the vehicle shipped up here (roughly around $1000) OR fly down, pickup the vehicle, and then drive it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.