VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where to buy like good deals on rims??? I seen some on Ebay but im sure there are other websites that sell hot rims for cheap.. im looking for ones that look like HRE but dont cost as much.. anything helps!

·
Registered
20,984 Posts
Re: (VDub GTI)

Quote, originally posted by VDub GTI »
chill out, its late

lol yeah its mad late.... wtf am i doing on the vortex?
anyway, Fliks are nice and theyre cheap but for some reason everyone hates them here........ cuz theyre played out maybe?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm i want rims with lips ill spend up to like 1200 or 1300$ but i want like 18 x 10 on rear and 18 x 8 on the front but everywhere i look they sell the bundles all in one size.. what website can i go to to look for individual sizes

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: BEST CHEAP RIMS!!! (rizal)

hey i just purchased the hp r-5 in gunmetal. I have not installed them yet cause im waiting for my suspension. i like them and they were pretty cheap. i spend about 1200 and they are 18x9 all around and it came with the mounting kit. try gotwheelsandtires.com ask for pete. he is pretty good he's the one that helped me. oh and its got 1.5 inch on the lip.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Re: BEST CHEAP RIMS!!! (GotBoost01Jetta)

Ugh...posts like this are why I never visit the MkIV forum. I guess it's back to the Technical forums for me

Cheap "rimz" are soft. You'll pay less now so you can pay more later. Either to get them straightened or to buy new when you bend them.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Re: BEST CHEAP RIMS!!! (RUFASTR)

Quote, originally posted by RUFASTR »
Ugh...posts like this are why I never visit the MkIV forum. I guess it's back to the Technical forums for me

Cheap "rimz" are soft. You'll pay less now so you can pay more later. Either to get them straightened or to buy new when you bend them.

So its better to have a hard rim so when you hit something the rim cracks instead of bending? I would rather have a rim that bends so it does not lose its bead when I smack something.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Re: BEST CHEAP RIMS!!! (John Edward)

Quote, originally posted by John Edward »
....I would rather have a rim that bends....
You're right...I'm headed out right now to take off those silly forged wheels. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought those.

Quote, originally posted by John Edward »
18x8 235-40's front. 18x9 265-35's rear
I'm sure this set up handles real well

·
Registered
444 Posts
Re: BEST CHEAP RIMS!!! (minime686)

You kids should do a little homework on something called understeer.
I'm guessing you guys also think lowering your car makes it handle better....am I right??

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Re: BEST CHEAP RIMS!!! (RUFASTR)

Quote, originally posted by RUFASTR »
You kids should do a little homework on something called understeer.
I'm guessing you guys also think lowering your car makes it handle better....am I right??

Sorry... Done and no. Oh.. I'm older than you.

Modified by John Edward at 10:53 AM 6-20-2005

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Some folks don't have "unlimited" bank accounts to spend on expensive wheels. inexpensive wheels will get the look you want for not much cash. If someone wants cheaper wheels don't flame them! I have TSW (Too Soft Wheels) and I love them to death. I have hit a few potholes hard that I couldn't avoid, and have not had any problems with bending or cracking. To each their own.
Buy whatever wheels you want, and don't let people flame you about it!
That is all........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.