VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting some boost on my 90 gti 16v. already has MS, and i want a little more giddy up. Been looking at the porsche KKK K26 and i can find them on ebay through a seller for about $65 for a good (ish) one. Also thought about using the Audi 5000 K24 as a buddy runs one on his 8v with great success, makes great power and spools up nice and quick. mitsubishi turbo?
Trying to find a turbo that will work decently and make around 250 with nice quick spool, but that can be replaced for cheap when it goes
I need to do more reading on turbo maps and such but for now just looking for some input on what people have used.
there is a guy on ebay right now selling 2 t3/t4 garrets for like $150 too...i can pretty much build a manifold to suit anything so i'm not worried about making it fit.

Modified by -RalleyTuned- at 7:40 AM 8-14-2009

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Re: Best Cheap Turbo...16vt (-RalleyTuned-)

Depends on what kinda power your looking for. I ran a t3 from a saab worked good but limited to power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.