VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Bilstein Sports w/ H&R sport springs. I love the setup, but am looking for height adjustability. What coilovers out there around the $1000 range preform the best while maintaining a decent ride.

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: Best Coilovers? (DMS_G60)

H&R.
They maintain almost exactly the same ride quality as stock, but can handle the twisties, unlike the stock setup. Body roll is GREATLY minmized as well.
- Jack

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: Best Coilovers? (Ed Casey)

Shine doesn't sell anything with adjustable ride height, just awesome handling with NO drop.
Isn't old man Shine against height changes?
- Jack

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Re: Best Coilovers? (NeedSLCBad)

This thread is along the same lines as the dreaded VR6 vs G60 or Chevy vs Ford arguements. I like my H&R's...a lot...but I can't say that they're the best since I haven't personally experienced every possible option.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: Best Coilovers? (jerk)

i have avo coilovers. some love'em, some despise them
why?
my car is slammed beyond belief, and the ride is very, very, very rough. but i attribute this to driving 2" off the floor, and not the actual coilovers.
what's the word on AVO's... ? they came on my car, btw.
-danny

·
Registered
988 Posts
Re: Best Coilovers? (CageyBee)

I have had weitecs and H+R's installed on my car (I traded a friend for a week) and I must say they both have good and bad things about them.
I think the H+R's are a bit soft, the ride is good but the handling could be better.
The weitecs are a little stiffer, so the ride is not as good, but they handled better.
I think I am going to stick to my weitecs. I like the stiffer ride.
Oh and the weitecs are MUCH easier to adjust as the thread on them is much courser. (and the weitecs are cheaper)

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Re: Best Coilovers? (CorradoCam)

It really depends on the spring rates used. I rode in a Corrado SLC just like mine with H&R coilovers and his were very noticably stiffer than my H&R coilovers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts