VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best cleaner/protectant to use on my black dash to protect from UV fading. I've heard that silicones actually damage the dash over time, as well as most other commerical products. What is the best and safest?

· Registered
102 Posts
Re: (flyfx1aol)

i used to use armorall cleaning/protectant wipes but read on here that those aren't very good to use, i recently switched to this stuff called 303 aerospace protectant, seems to work pretty well, but it's a little pricey. i had to pick it up at a local boating supply store. if you go to their website you can order a sample pack of all their stuff for just the price of shipping.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Best Dashboard cleaning agent for vinyl/plastic (mk3love4life)

Well I decided to go with Alx717's suggestion (Aerospace 303) and I must say I like it a lot. Its main purpose is UV protection, but it also cleans very well. It's not greasy, just a clean look. It is pricey but I think it will work well. I figure if it is good enough for boats that take a huge beating in the sun, it should be more than adequate for cars. I bought it at boating store in my area. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.