VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,009 Posts
Re: best engine degreser (Fast Bumpers)

I've used CD2 and that worked pretty well, spray on a warm engine and hose off w/ water.
Brian

·
Registered
463 Posts
Re: best engine degreser (ButchHusky)

Also something called "Oil Eater" that I bought before from Costco, pretty good too! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Re: best engine degreser (Division VW)

S.A.R - silicone adhesive remover.
I think you can get it from auto-detail supply stores. It's mostly only available for wholesale though

·
Registered
897 Posts
Re: best engine degreser (Fast Bumpers)

Simple Green works good and is Enviro friendly, but if you need some very serious degreasing power than go to your local dodge(sorry for saying that word here) dealer parts counter and get some autopar engine degreaser....this stuff is incredible and with cut through the grimiest of grimy engines. With that being said I'm not sure if you can still get it because it is not enviro-friendly at all...I bought some last year and was told that they will eventually have to discontinue it because its so harsh. I guarantee you won't find a better engine degreaser though. BTW: if you do manage to get some, make sure not to breath in the fumes!

Modified by scottg at 3:52 PM 7-3-2003

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Re: best engine degreser (scottg)

I used castrol degreaser and then used a eureeka portable steam cleaner,(covered electrical parts,alternator,intake),to melt the grease away http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif afterwards I sprayed 'engine detailer' all over which gave it a resin protected wet look
like new!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Re: best engine degreser (vw valance)

I forgot to mention that after you let the autopar engine degreaser sit for awhile you use a pressure washer to rinse the engine off. I just figured that this was a given.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts