VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
22,765 Posts
Re: Best remedy for ants??? (JoshGarman)

make a small amount of 50/50 borax and confectioners (powdered) sugar. something like a teaspoon to a tablespoon of each, put it in a very shallow lid... like the lid off a coffee can or something, and a few drops of water, enough to make a slightly liquidy paste. put it in the main area of the ants (or even put a few throughout the car) they will come get it and bring it back to the others, they'll be gone in a couple days.

· Registered
1,924 Posts
Re: (travisss1313)

Quote, originally posted by travisss1313 »
go park close to someone elses car for a while, then smear food all over their car....wait...then drive away

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif gets my vote

· Registered
2,175 Posts
Re: Best remedy for ants??? (kitty)

Quote, originally posted by kitty »
make a small amount of 50/50 borax and confectioners (powdered) sugar. something like a teaspoon to a tablespoon of each, put it in a very shallow lid... like the lid off a coffee can or something, and a few drops of water, enough to make a slightly liquidy paste. put it in the main area of the ants (or even put a few throughout the car) they will come get it and bring it back to the others, they'll be gone in a couple days.

or get some of those little ant house's things they work good

· Registered
1,808 Posts
Re: Best remedy for ants??? (2slo4me)

Quote, originally posted by 2slo4me »
try using RAID you might pass out while your driving from the fumes it may produce, but you will surely be able to get them ants out of your car. Good luck

Yeah, do this. Passing out is good for you.

· Registered
7,171 Posts
Re: (JoshGarman)

i had the same problem in my winter car just wait until its 10 below zero those little bastard wont last long

· Registered
220 Posts
Re: (tenacious jett)

You can try some stuff called Pyrethrum powder. Just dust it on the carpet. It should take care of them no smell and you wont see the powder if you do it lightly. You can pick it up at any local greenhouse. Good luck

· Registered
575 Posts
Re: (travisss1313)

okay this is a long shot in your car but if you want to get them out your going to need diazanin... it can be bought at home depot cheap. what you do is put that stuff in your car and i don't know if you want to like not drive it for a couple days but put the diazin all over your floor and in your trunk. and then just vacumme it all up.... it works i had this problem with my tree fort when i was younger. hope this helps

· Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (tenacious jett)

Quote, originally posted by tenacious jett »
i had the same problem in my winter car just wait until its 10 below zero those little bastard wont last long

Yeah....I live in florida....the coldest it gets here is like 55 degrees....
Thanks for all the good helpful stuff I am going to go down the list and try everything till there gone.....
Cheers,
Josh

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.