VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sat at Senna Curve twice now...and loved it...but was wondering what all of you have experienced and what you guys think might be the "best" spot for the 2010 race when I buy my tickets.
Senna Curve
Looking at oncoming cars

Or as they leave

L' Epingle (Hairpin)

Or looking at the on coming cars?

Modified by CHETVW007 at 11:45 AM 8-17-2009

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Best seats for Montreal 2010? (CHETVW007)

Not sure the name of this curve....anyone ever sit here?

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
FV-QR

The hairpin and the sections near it, are easier to get to /exit. The sun is shining on the ones along the canal in the afternoons so you'll be exposed..

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Re: FV-QR (vdubjb)

Quote, originally posted by vdubjb »
The hairpin and the sections near it, are easier to get to /exit. The sun is shining on the ones along the canal in the afternoons so you'll be exposed..

Are you going? I'm certainly there... Road Trip son!

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Kidstar)

The tip of the hairpin blows, with the bigger runoff the stands are way too far away, so miss this one in my book. Every year after that I sit on the exit of the hairpin and I really can't imagine the seats can get any better then that so I never looked to sit elsewhere. Yes you are in the sun but it also the nice side of the track to be on as it is close to the canal to chill on the rowing area seats and a quick walk to the supporting series pits to keep you entertained between races. The exit hairpin stands are huge so make sure you phone in to talk to the agent when you buy tickets as they have usually been pretty helpful in explaining where seats are...

edit
keep in mind at the center of the hairpin the barriers have been reworked and a quite a bit higher since the RK accident so if you are too far over past the exit of the hairpin your view of the cars entering the hairpin will be obscured by the barrier.

Modified by dubsix at 12:03 PM 8-17-2009

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FV-QR (dubsix)

Quote, originally posted by dubsix »
Every year after that I sit on the exit of the hairpin and I really can't imagine the seats can get any better then that so I never looked to sit elsewhere. Yes you are in the sun but it also the nice side of the track to be on as it is close to the canal to chill on the rowing area seats and a quick walk to the supporting series pits to keep you entertained between races. The exit hairpin stands are huge so make sure you phone in to talk to the agent when you buy tickets as they have usually been pretty helpful in explaining where seats are...
Modified by dubsix at 12:03 PM 8-17-2009

The bleachers to the far right in this picture?

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: FV-QR (CHETVW007)

Do you happen to know what section thats called? Should we sit high, low or in the center?

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by Kidstar »

Are you going? I'm certainly there... Road Trip son!

I am all for going. No way will the Corrado be pointed north for that long though. Flying is actually so much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts

I am all for going. No way will the Corrado be pointed north for that long though. Flying is actually so much more enjoyable.

Neither will the S,...but I was thinking more like a van or whinobagel?
Where we can get all pissy....

·
Registered
8,335 Posts

Quote, originally posted by CHETVW007 »
Do you happen to know what section thats called? Should we sit high, low or in the center?

It is the far right bleacher. The grandstand is called 24. I sit just a enough rows up so that you are looking above the fencing so it is definitely low, in the pic I am usually just across from the white car (honda?) is on the track. I have my tickets saved at home that has the section/row/seat number etc. I will have a look and see if I can get some actually numbers... One thing when you do call ask if the stands, sections designations have changed over years past just to be safe. Other then the the end of hairpin stand moving back things have remained relatively unchanged in the last 8 years that I can recall anyway.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts

ha ha, the chick that forced me to remove my sunglasses at the border check would love to see me in a van,

I know they are freaks,...and easy to take em back to the bang, I mean the ///BAR van....

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

Quote, originally posted by CHETVW007 »

It would have been amazing/horrifying to see Kubica's crash from here. The collective gasp would have been crazy.

·
Registered
27,736 Posts
FV-QR

We were there for the RK crash. It really did seem like he wasn't going to come out it as well as he did. I think a wheel went into the stands as well.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts

It was freaky to see it from 24!
totally thought he died. No wheels went into the stands afaik but a few bits did make it through the marshall openings.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Re: FV-QR (dubsix)

Eff all that....the best seat for the Montry GP is on Sta Catherrine Street, at one of those dirty brothels.... I love F1, but oh my nothing like a the discipline of a ****!

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: FV-QR (Kidstar)

Quote, originally posted by Kidstar »
Eff all that....the best seat for the Montry GP is on Sta Catherrine Street, at one of those dirty brothels.... I love F1, but oh my nothing like a the discipline of a ****!

oh dont worry...we will definitely be hitting those up later in the evening friday and saturday night....good times.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.