VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I 100% disagree. The evo x is good on track only - but compared to a new RS or CTR, STi, Etc? The car is severely overweight. Not sure what your racing (matchbox cars?) but all my friends who race and dip into the tuner scene agree with me. I’ve helped my family members build his and I’ll say it again - the build quality and design of the cars mechanical systems , specifically location, is very poor.
Hot Wheels are vastly superior to Matchbox. All my childhood friends will agree with me.

edit: money where my mouth is, shty phone pic at my parents hosue. Mods: Laguna Seca wheels/tires and Barton shifter

·
Registered
BMW M3, Mazda CX-5, Ford E350, motorcycles
2,222 Posts
It’s not a troll post, it’s me coming from owning and driving 25+ cars that most consider to be some of the most iconic. Skyline, 911 GT3, Bmw M3 E30 through E46, etc. I love the 8 & 9 ...I absolutely adore those. The evo X is just a big fat pig...don’t let anyone tell you diffrent. Sure, to a novice and rookie with no racing experience besides auto x or open track days they would like the car...but i dont being experienced. It has zero top end unless you go e30 blend, the car has the worst build quality (not interior only, I’m talking everyrhing) of any tuner car I’ve ever seen. The 15+ wrx sti is a better drivers car in any way possible....if your gonna go evo go 8 or 9 or 1-4. Focus RS is the best of all for performance out of the box......that car on sport cup 2s and the suspension in track mode is scary on a tight back road.
Ninja edit because I don't want to argue on the internet anymore.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I'm not a race car driver, but I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night. If you ask 10 different people, you will get 10 different answers.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
My friend bought an E90 M3 manual last year and I like it quite a bit. Good balance, good interior, nice design, and a great engine. Areas that could use improvement are shifter and brakes.

Sometimes I even think about getting one but I'm too attached to my SS 1LE.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts