VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to autocross the car over the summer but I will also be daily driving it. What do you think it the best combo for performance and also some drop, performance over drop though.
OR
Should I just get a set of koni coilovers.

· Premium Member
12,620 Posts
Re: Best spring/shock combo for GTI (CandyWhabbit)

H&R Sports with Konis or Bilsteins seems to be a favorite for street / light auto-x use. Coils are highly overrated unless you're going to really hit the track hard.

· Registered
419 Posts
Re: Best spring/shock combo for GTI (Slipstream)

Quote, originally posted by Slipstream »
H&R Sports with Konis or Bilsteins seems to be a favorite for street / light auto-x use. Coils are highly overrated unless you're going to really hit the track hard.

agreed

· Registered
861 Posts
Re: Best spring/shock combo for GTI (moofs)

Quote, originally posted by moofs »
I plan to autocross the car over the summer but I will also be daily driving it. What do you think it the best combo for performance and also some drop, performance over drop though.
OR
Should I just get a set of koni coilovers.

how many seasons have you run? <-- rhetorical question
run it stock. learn then mod(tm). http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Premium Member
12,620 Posts
Re: Best spring/shock combo for GTI (moofs)

Quote, originally posted by moofs »
I hear that the H&R race springs just lower the car and make it "feel" stiffer but actually hurt handling.

Race, probably. Technically anything lower than euro ride height starts to degrade handling (unless you really ramp up the dampers). I think the Eibach Pro-kit and H&R sports are usually accepted as a decent trade off of performance for a little style.
"Slamming it on FKs" is about the dumbest thing you can do for your handling, but if you live in Florida and don't care about turning, hell, why not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.