VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BESIDES touch up paint cuz it is chunky and is very noticeable...
what stuff can be bought to cover up scratches and marks on a dark car? when i say scratches and marks, i mean white scratches and very noticeable....
i tried a polish for black cars, but it didnt do much at all.....
what can i use (brand and type of product) and where can i get this stuff?
any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
21,846 Posts
Re: ???? BEST stuff to cover up scratches on BLACK car ???? (sexymk4)

My neighbour used Meguiars Scratch-X on his black E30, he did the entire car, and it almost looks like a frsh paint job. It hides up swirl marks very well.
- dac

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ???? BEST stuff to cover up scratches on BLACK car ???? (Big Dac With Fries)

thanks....anyone else?
also, i mean scratches and WHITE marks, not just swirl marks...well, i got those too

Quote, originally posted by Big Dac With Fries »
It hides up swirl marks very well.
- dac

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

There ain't much you can do with deep scratches, but you can get rid of small ones by having the car professionally polished. I'm talking like 3 stage polish, it takes off a very, very thin layer of paint and reveals the original luster, if a stage 3 polish is even needed. Depends on the condition of the paint. My brother does professionally polishing, if your interested IM me http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Re: ???? BEST stuff to cover up scratches on BLACK car ???? (Big Dac With Fries)

Quote, originally posted by Big Dac With Fries »
My neighbour used Meguiars Scratch-X on his black E30, he did the entire car, and it almost looks like a frsh paint job. It hides up swirl marks very well.
- dac

That's what I used when I had my black jetta, works just like new paint

·
Banned
14,183 Posts

I was just going to post the same question.
People, we're not just talking about swirl marks or light scratch marks for which Maguire's does work great.
We're talking about scratch marks which show the white underneath. sexymk4 is absolutely right, the standard touch up paint LOOKS WORSE!!! So what is one to do?
I have two little scratches showing white on my front fender caused by small flying debris (no dents just scratches) what are you supposed to do take it to a profession body shop and get it resprayed for hundred's of dollars?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: ???? BEST stuff to cover up scratches on BLACK car ???? (hawc)

bump for some help for me and hawc! pleeeeeeease!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

I have some nicks on my hood from flying debris, etc. I have heard somewhere in the past (a few years ago) a cheap solution to this can be had. I might decide to try this this year, in some not so obvious locations...but it looks like it might be some time before I get out there and get a chance to shine things up.
Anyhow, the solution..get this...black crayon. Go across the scratch, not along it. Then wipe up the excess. Just a thought. This won't work on huge areas, as it will be too obvious, but on smaller ones it may work.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: ???? BEST stuff to cover up scratches on BLACK car ???? (Toronto Vento)

ah well, i guess i will make my way over to canadian tire and see if they got anything...
basically, i thought there would be a type of "polish" or something that kinda acts like a type of paint but only sticks to scratches, and not the clear coat of the car and it wipes off like polish....
maybe i am just dreaming, but i will take a look at canadian tire and let u know if i find any miracle stuff

·
Registered
13,778 Posts

I plan to use 3M Perfect-it foam pad polish for dark cars.
This product is a fine cutting liquid that removes swirls and minor scratches. Because the liquid is dark grey in colour, it doesn't leave a white mess and it eliminates the white marks you see in the scratches in the clear coat.
In addition, this product contains no waxes or silicone.
Perfect for producing a pristine surface for waxing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts