VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting an R32 in about a month and I am already thinking about what turbo kit I will put on it. I like HPA's kit but they are using 13 psi to get 400 crank horse when EIP is using 5 psi to get 378. It seems like the eip kit would be more reliabel but i'm not sure what do you guys think. It also seems as if EIP is doing better with their 5 pounds than hpa's 13. I'm not sure if eip's horse is at the wheels or crank but it's still good numbers for 5 pounds. Let me know your guys opinions

· Registered
12,105 Posts
Re: Best Turbo Kit for the R32 (MidnightG60)

EIP is 5psi on stock compression. HPA lowers compression and uses 13psi.
EIP is crank hp on a dynojet. HPA is crank hp on a ???

· Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Best Turbo Kit for the R32 (nebuchadnezzar)

Cool I didn't know EIP didn't lower the compression cool thanks I like HPA's kit more now http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
784 Posts
like everyone else will tell you, search is you best friend. Streetwerke is coming out with a turbo system also i believe it's streetwerke.com not sure, but it's putting out 475hp i think and 465 tq. not sure you'll have to check it out, comes out around december

· Registered
1,912 Posts
Re: (marfcus)

Quote, originally posted by marfcus »
like everyone else will tell you, search is you best friend. Streetwerke is coming out with a turbo system also i believe it's streetwerke.com not sure, but it's putting out 475hp i think and 465 tq. not sure you'll have to check it out, comes out around december

The crank numbers should be higher than that.... one of the options that many liked and voted for (the 440whp option) gives 550hp (20% DT loss) or 586hp (25% DT loss). I think Streetwerke is the way to go, but everybody has different views and different things that appeal to them.

· Banned
2,063 Posts

· Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (1FCK)

Thanks a lot guys i'm going to look into the streetworke and see what's their kit is all about

· Banned
2,570 Posts
Re: Best Turbo Kit for the R32 (03rabbitgti)

Quote, originally posted by 03rabbitgti »
Im sure all the VF guys will tell you that EIP is the way to go

No comment

Steven

See you Friday Jack http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (mtu_R32)

Quote, originally posted by mtu_R32 »
just wondering, is the r32 your getting stock?

Yes it's stock, for the time being

· Registered
1,780 Posts
Re: (drew2fast)

I would go HPA, why would i?
1: their kit is proven time and time again even by the major automags worldwide
2: quality parts
3: german TUV certified
4: warrantee and customer service
5: many kits sold worldwide over the years
6: German made German designed from HGP in Germany
sure Streetwerk kit looks appealing and VF Supercharger kit is just as Bullit Proof as HPA but for superior performance/quality/reliability/cool factor and not to mention rarity.. HPA is the way to go.. HPA kit is sort of exotic http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

HPA 3.2l VR6 Turbo kits are similar to their 12v Turbo kits, They have been around for years and is well established as the pinacle of Turbo kit for the VR6 motor. I first saw the HPA HGP Twin Turbo kit in 1997 on a MK3 VR6 GTI in London, Their current kits are similar wether it be single turbo or twin.

Modified by MK3maniac at 4:20 AM 9-9-2005

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.