VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much out of ideas, I have the shell from my mk3 jetta in my backyard, its on cinder blocks right now, no wheels no subframe nothing, and some ******** reported it to the town, so now it must be gone by the end of this week. The only thing I can think to do is cut it into peices with a sawsall and haul it to the scrapyard. Any ideas?

· Registered
8,291 Posts
Re: best way to get rid of a stripped car? (stoicbmx)

Quote, originally posted by stoicbmx »
I'm pretty much out of ideas, I have the shell from my mk3 jetta in my backyard, its on cinder blocks right now, no wheels no subframe nothing, and some ******** reported it to the town, so now it must be gone by the end of this week. The only thing I can think to do is cut it into peices with a sawsall and haul it to the scrapyard. Any ideas?

do you have a title for it?
a towing company could take it to the scrapyard for you if you do.
or call one of those junk haulers, a lot of them will come get them at no cost to you.

· Registered
11,354 Posts
Re: best way to get rid of a stripped car? (stoicbmx)

Haul it yourself if you want to get $150 plus from the scrap guy or look on craigslist, there are always people looking for scrap cars, they should take it for free, but the sleezy ones will charge you. I have a guy I use, but he wouldn't make the trip down there.

· Registered
5,884 Posts
Re: best way to get rid of a stripped car? (jkcorradovr6)

alot of places around here (nj) only take it for free if it has a motor in it.
when i parted that glx and i was done w/ it, i called a bunch of places around and they wanted $50 to take it since it didnt have a motor in it anymore

so i called this dbag paul who i kinda knew, and who owns a junkyard - he pulled it out on his flatbed for nothin'.

· Banned
6,130 Posts
Re: best way to get rid of a stripped car? (KESET)

Quote, originally posted by KESET »
alot of places around here (nj) only take it for free if it has a motor in it.
when i parted that glx and i was done w/ it, i called a bunch of places around and they wanted $50 to take it since it didnt have a motor in it anymore

so i called this dbag paul who i kinda knew, and who owns a junkyard - he pulled it out on his flatbed for nothin'.

cut it up into smaller pieces and throw it in a dumpster behind some store.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Re: best way to get rid of a stripped car? (black20v1.8t)

Cut it with a sawzal, take it to a scrap yard and get paid! The price of metal is going up. You will get a good return. Last time I cut up a mk3 Jetta, I got $98 for it at the scrapyard. Not to mention it was fun as crap cutting it up.

· Registered
8,291 Posts
Re: best way to get rid of a stripped car? (kevkel)

Quote, originally posted by kevkel »
Cut it with a sawzal, take it to a scrap yard and get paid! The price of metal is going up. You will get a good return. Last time I cut up a mk3 Jetta, I got $98 for it at the scrapyard. Not to mention it was fun as crap cutting it up.

and 75$ worth of sawzall blades.

· Registered
3,238 Posts

Cut it with a sawzal, take it to a scrap yard and get paid!

That's what I always do. If it takes you $75 in blades you need to work on your technique.

· Registered
4,137 Posts
Re: best way to get rid of a stripped car? (petrified.rabbit)

Quote, originally posted by petrified.rabbit »
scrape the vin numbers off, drag it into the yard of the person who complained, soak it in gas and set it on fire.
you forgot to paint 'eat me' on the roof first

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Re: best way to get rid of a stripped car? (e_tomorrow)

Quote, originally posted by e_tomorrow »

i use an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel

I have used that in the past and it works good, but it takes forever( and gotta watch out for exploding cutting wheels!). I had an old milwaukee sawzaw and it would go through blades pretty fast, but then I bought a new milwaukee swazaw and the metal blades that are like 14-10 teeth per inch that are labled as "the torch" and it cuts through like hot butter. Neal-Bob and my self just cut a rabbit up and we only used 2 blades.

· Registered
6,091 Posts

I have used that in the past and it works good, but it takes forever( and gotta watch out for exploding cutting wheels!). I had an old milwaukee sawzaw and it would go through blades pretty fast, but then I bought a new milwaukee swazaw and the metal blades that are like 14-10 teeth per inch that are labled as "the torch" and it cuts through like hot butter. Neal-Bob and my self just cut a rabbit up and we only used 2 blades.

and it was really fun too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.