VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
16,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new series from the creators of Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul debuted 9-Feb-2015.

the first episode, Uno aired last night, and the second episode, Mijo airs tonight.

the first episode was great, and should be an awesome series for any Breaking Bad aficionado. anyone else catch it?

:beer:

·
Registered
18,440 Posts
I watched it last night. I didn't watch Breaking Bad, but I still found the first episode to be one of the best bits of television I have seen in a long time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
16,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won't spoil much, but the fella that answered the door at the end of the episode was a big character in the early season(s) of Breaking Bad. definitely didn't expect to see that.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
The ending had me shouting that persons name in shock!!!!! :eek::laugh::eek::laugh:

I'll be back for more tomorrow!!!!!
Possible spoiler question below. Highlight to see......

What condition will the twins be in in the next episode???

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
Actually there was another breaking bad character in the very first scene. Saul at the Cinnabon shop one of Mikes old hitmen. Guy who was stearing down Saul then got up and walked to a group of people.

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
I wasn't too sure about the episode, and the show in general, until about half way through. It caught my attention then.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I loved it! I'm a huge Breaking Bad fan, and I think the've nailed it. God, the Cinnabon opening.....the ending......my favorite B.B. bad guy......Im in.

·
Registered
29,320 Posts
I liked it, though the ishty car gag was played out in BB.

Eagerly awaiting tonight's fun. :thumbup:

·
Banned
7,776 Posts
I went into this as just a Bob Odenkirk fan who had never seen a single BB episode, and I quite enjoyed it. I'm sure I'm missing some references, and moments that should be special end up meaning nothing to me, but I didn't feel like my experience was lessened, over all. It was quite funny as well.

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
Episode 1 was fantastic! :D

Going to watch episode 2 shortly.

·
Registered
18,440 Posts
I went into this as just a Bob Odenkirk fan who had never seen a single BB episode, and I quite enjoyed it. I'm sure I'm missing some references, and moments that should be special end up meaning nothing to me, but I didn't feel like my experience was lessened, over all. It was quite funny as well.
Same here!

It's a testament to good writing and characters when one doesn't need to have watched a predecessor show to enjoy the spinoff. :thumbup:

·
Registered
29,320 Posts
It's in the writing style and direction, plus the dusty backdrop.

The producers could almost create an anthology series - Albuquerque Stories. :p

·
Premium Member
2003 Jetta GLi VR6
1,272 Posts
I thought the whole desert scene was hilarious in episode two

Gotta love that BB character

·
Registered
16,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
of all the characters from the Breaking Bad world, I'm glad Saul is being expanded. I could never get enough of the character on that series, so a whole new series is great. plus, Bob Odenkirk kills it as Saul. hopefully we get to see some ol' Billy redface later in the series.

1 - 20 of 520 Posts