VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This company bulliwerk llc is ran by a couple German guys. One is named Andy. He sounds nice and knowledgeable. He will take your money and promise you the world and not deliver... Buyer beware!! I'm in a c.c dispute with him as I write this

Their website is www.bulliwerk.com

They are supposed to specialize in Eurovan parts and be a mechanic, do auto repair , rebuilds etc

...just tapped out with a thumb or 2, please don't mind the abbreviations and grammatical faults.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Did you pay and never receive the product I’m guessing? How long did you wait and when did they promise delivery?

Andy gave me a incredibly low quote on a syncro setup over email, cheaper than advertised because I didn’t need the manual transmission swap pieces with the kit. I hadn’t heard anything about the company before I inquired. I believe he told me everything I needed for the conversion he had in stock in Arizona. The one thing that made me feel comfortable about the place was they they offered installation at their shop and sold used but rebuilt parts with a 6 month warranty.

Would you be able to share some more details of your experience and communication with the company?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same story...
Yes I paid. In October with cc. .. Only 60days you have to dispute. I disputed in 57 days after being run around with text messages , voice mails, excuses excuses excuses.

These people are scam artists. Stay well away.

Stick with quality German auto in so cal or frans

...just tapped out with a thumb or 2, please don't mind the abbreviations and grammatical faults.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Interesting... I wanted him to take a look at my van after the manual tranny swap to see if he can get the ABS/ESP working again. He says he was employed by VW in Germany for over 20 years... We were to meet in NYC when he comes from time to time from Arizona to do a TDI conversion I think at his friend's shop... He cancelled both times a day before we were supposed to meet...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep same story. He supposedly had a friends shop nearby where he was going to install the parts I was buying from him.. Always cancelling

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Link didnt work what is his eBay name?

·
Registered
739 Posts
That user has been selling on ebay for less than 2 years and only has 52 feedbacks total, of which only 6 are as a seller, of which only 4 are car related. I'd say his ebay track record does not tell much about him.

About 15 years ago there was one clown who would be chased off one Audi list only to surface on another one, peddling custom stuff that never existed, promising and not delivering. He finally disappeared for good. Back then Audi lists were a tightly knit community where everybody knew everybody but none the less he managed to keep ripping people off for some time.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I emailed him back in November and noticed his return email had an address listed in Gold Canyon AZ and the website listed a Phoenix address. I did think that was off.

Classic cars is his instagram name. Here’s a comment from one of his Eurovan pictures:
“This has been over 20 weeks and this guy has not fixed his problem. First he delivered the wrong transmission, then the rebuilt original never worked! He then took it all apart and hasn't done anything!!! It's absolute insanity. He has completely taken advantage of me and my family.”

Looks like you aren’t alone with your troubles...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
That user has been selling on ebay for less than 2 years and only has 52 feedbacks total, of which only 6 are as a seller, of which only 4 are car related. I'd say his ebay track record does not tell much about him.

About 15 years ago there was one clown who would be chased off one Audi list only to surface on another one, peddling custom stuff that never existed, promising and not delivering. He finally disappeared for good. Back then Audi lists were a tightly knit community where everybody knew everybody but none the less he managed to keep ripping people off for some time.
Tue, I didn't look into this so deep...:banghead:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can tell you that you’re not alone, I am also in the same boat (deposit and vehicle dropped off in October, nothing to show for it, except my van having the motor and transmission pulled, which I saw on my last trip out there trying to find out why he has not been returning calls/texts).

I live in Arizona and have been to Andy’s shop on a few occasions, and I can tell you a few things, most importantly, perhaps, that Andy is, and has been in the hospital (3 weeks in the ICU), and thus isn’t and probably won’t be returning calls or texts for a bit. His family is working through a tough time right now, I have spoken to them on a couple occasions since this happened.

I have personally spoken with other customers of his here in AZ that echo all the same complaints as heard in this thread.

I don’t know about the existence of the TDI/syncro parts from Germany, as there’s no sign of them at his shop.

FWIW, my thinking is that he was navigating a much more complex-than-anticipated process to import these parts, and unfortunately has promised far more than he has delivered. Not a good situation for anyone involved.

I wish I had better news or a good course of action to take from here, but for now I’m personally planning on just being patient, and hope for a healthy recovery for Andy.

Hopefully there will be a positive resolution to all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Absolute Nightmare

Hey All:

I'm the guy that posted the comment on Andy's instagram account above.

It's been a crazy... adventure with this guy. This is long so just skip to the bottom for my plea for help if you are interested.

He promised a 10 day delivery back in March when I first ordered a replacement, rebuilt auto transmission for my 1997 Eurovan. Story after story after story and 6 weeks later he showed up with the transmission.

He talked the talk at the time and I was not overly concerned as he drove off with my original bad transmission.

I proceeded to install the replacement and was just about done the next day when the madness began. I was about 85% finished with the install as I went to put in the axle shafts only to have them not match up. Yup, after providing my vin he still managed to deliver the incorrect transmission.

After talking with him and another guy named Frank whom he was apparently business partners with, they promised to have the parts back the following weekend. Then communication went dark for two weeks. No call, no response to texts. I finally heard from him again when he promised he would have my original transmission rebuilt and delivered that weekend. Again, all communication went dark. I didn't receive my original rebuilt transmission for 5 weeks after he delivered the wrong transmission.

I then had to pull the wrong transmission out and start the process of installation on my original.

Two days later I fire up the van and put her in gear (up on stands of course) and to my delight she goes in drive and the wheels spin. Feeling good I finish the installation 100% including the new trans cooler and all.

I dropped her off the stands and put it in reverse and............. nothing. No reverse. I call him up and he tells me I don't have enough fluid. I fill her up with another quart. Nothing. He tells me to fill it until it overflows.... sketchy, but I tried it... nothing.

He then tells me it's my control module. It was never my control module. He said he has one in-house and he would ship it to me that day - next day air.

Again communication goes dark and I never receive the control module. He even had the balls to send me some random shipping receipt from a UPS store two weeks later. I called them to verify and sure enough it was not sent to me, whatever it was.

At this point I was going to take it down to a local transmission shop so I put it in neutral to load it onto a trailer and.... NO NEUTRAL. It couldn't even be pushed. I couldn't believe it.

After a few days of failed communication attempts he finally calls me back. He says he can't fix it at my house and must pick up the van and take it to his shop in AZ. I live in Utah mind you. What could I do? I agreed for some dumb reason. I even propped the front up on roller carts for him and left a four pack of beer in the fridge.

To move this story along, he picked up the van in June of 2017... and I still don't have it.

When I visited in October my original transmission was gone. "I threw it away, yeah, it's in ze trash". Everybody knows the core alone on these is worth keeping them around. There is no way he threw it away, more likely sold it to someone else or used it for his own core charge. I couldn't believe it. And... AND my fridge was still on from the beer I left in there! It spent a summer in Pheonix AZ with the FRIDGE RUNNING NON STOP!

At this point I also received the same story about a syncro kit coming from Germany in a container in November and it sounded like the only way to make this whole fiasco worth it, so I agreed. Later in December he informed me that the container was finally through customs in Houson Texas. I made plans to travel down there over my long new years weekend to do the install. I was stoked to finally get it done and home. Then four days before I was to leave I called him as a reminder of our plans only to be told he DIDN'T actually have the parts! I lost it at this point.

I was in the process of filing an Arizona small claims case when I found out he was in the hospital for a major heat attack. No wonder. I'm sure he is constantly stressed having so many people angry at him. Either way though I did not file the claim.

I would really like to hear from the group on what they have done in these situations and what they recommend. I've never been in such a messed up scenario.

The plot thickened Monday when his daughter told anyone who has a van on his property must have it removed by March 1st because the county is sick of the eyesore. It's madness. Absolute madness.

Now I have to find a way to get the van moved so it doesn't disappear. To top it off I fly out to Alaska on Sunday (2/18) to have my second baby so I can't even drive down and get it myself.

If anyone knows anyone who has a small area that can hold this van for a month down in AZ, please, please let me know. I'll be back in Utah 3/13 and will be able to make a trip down two weeks after.

Well that's all for now. I'll keep this updated as things move along.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Hey All:

I'm the guy that posted the comment on Andy's instagram account above.

It's been a crazy... adventure with this guy. This is long so just skip to the bottom for my plea for help if you are interested.

He promised a 10 day delivery back in March when I first ordered a replacement, rebuilt auto transmission for my 1997 Eurovan. Story after story after story and 6 weeks later he showed up with the transmission.

He talked the talk at the time and I was not overly concerned as he drove off with my original bad transmission.

I proceeded to install the replacement and was just about done the next day when the madness began. I was about 85% finished with the install as I went to put in the axle shafts only to have them not match up. Yup, after providing my vin he still managed to deliver the incorrect transmission.

After talking with him and another guy named Frank whom he was apparently business partners with, they promised to have the parts back the following weekend. Then communication went dark for two weeks. No call, no response to texts. I finally heard from him again when he promised he would have my original transmission rebuilt and delivered that weekend. Again, all communication went dark. I didn't receive my original rebuilt transmission for 5 weeks after he delivered the wrong transmission.

I then had to pull the wrong transmission out and start the process of installation on my original.

Two days later I fire up the van and put her in gear (up on stands of course) and to my delight she goes in drive and the wheels spin. Feeling good I finish the installation 100% including the new trans cooler and all.

I dropped her off the stands and put it in reverse and............. nothing. No reverse. I call him up and he tells me I don't have enough fluid. I fill her up with another quart. Nothing. He tells me to fill it until it overflows.... sketchy, but I tried it... nothing.

He then tells me it's my control module. It was never my control module. He said he has one in-house and he would ship it to me that day - next day air.

Again communication goes dark and I never receive the control module. He even had the balls to send me some random shipping receipt from a UPS store two weeks later. I called them to verify and sure enough it was not sent to me, whatever it was.

At this point I was going to take it down to a local transmission shop so I put it in neutral to load it onto a trailer and.... NO NEUTRAL. It couldn't even be pushed. I couldn't believe it.

After a few days of failed communication attempts he finally calls me back. He says he can't fix it at my house and must pick up the van and take it to his shop in AZ. I live in Utah mind you. What could I do? I agreed for some dumb reason. I even propped the front up on roller carts for him and left a four pack of beer in the fridge.

To move this story along, he picked up the van in June of 2017... and I still don't have it.

When I visited in October my original transmission was gone. "I threw it away, yeah, it's in ze trash". Everybody knows the core alone on these is worth keeping them around. There is no way he threw it away, more likely sold it to someone else or used it for his own core charge. I couldn't believe it. And... AND my fridge was still on from the beer I left in there! It spent a summer in Pheonix AZ with the FRIDGE RUNNING NON STOP!

At this point I also received the same story about a syncro kit coming from Germany in a container in November and it sounded like the only way to make this whole fiasco worth it, so I agreed. Later in December he informed me that the container was finally through customs in Houson Texas. I made plans to travel down there over my long new years weekend to do the install. I was stoked to finally get it done and home. Then four days before I was to leave I called him as a reminder of our plans only to be told he DIDN'T actually have the parts! I lost it at this point.

I was in the process of filing an Arizona small claims case when I found out he was in the hospital for a major heat attack. No wonder. I'm sure he is constantly stressed having so many people angry at him. Either way though I did not file the claim.

I would really like to hear from the group on what they have done in these situations and what they recommend. I've never been in such a messed up scenario.

The plot thickened Monday when his daughter told anyone who has a van on his property must have it removed by March 1st because the county is sick of the eyesore. It's madness. Absolute madness.

Now I have to find a way to get the van moved so it doesn't disappear. To top it off I fly out to Alaska on Sunday (2/18) to have my second baby so I can't even drive down and get it myself.

If anyone knows anyone who has a small area that can hold this van for a month down in AZ, please, please let me know. I'll be back in Utah 3/13 and will be able to make a trip down two weeks after.

Well that's all for now. I'll keep this updated as things move along.
Unreal... If it was in NJ I would help you out but I don't know anyone in AZ, sorry...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bulliwerks

Hey BilDozer:
I'm familiar with Your situation, and Andy's. I was also counting on a 2.5tdi syncro swap . P.M me, I might be able to help.
So was your Fridge a Norcold? and was the beer still cold? most people with Norcolds aren't too happy looks like you have a good one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fridge Swap

Hey BilDozer:
I'm familiar with Your situation, and Andy's. I was also counting on a 2.5tdi syncro swap . P.M me, I might be able to help.
So was your Fridge a Norcold? and was the beer still cold? most people with Norcolds aren't too happy looks like you have a good one.
Actually I swapped it for a unit called a Vitrifrigo C75L. It's a sweet fridge that has a remote cooling unit that fits perfectly behind the cabinets. The best part is that the outside dimensions are smaller than the original Norcold, yet the capacity is almost double (I don't have the actual specs but it's something like 1.6 ft^3 to 2.7 ft^3.

This allowed me to build a cool little pull out shelf right next to it that is perfect for cans, spices or whatever else fits.

I didn't take many in-process photos, but here are the results. Pretty clean I think:

Thanks for reaching out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on this Bulliwerk situation? Andy picked mine up in late December took it to AZ. Rolled it off the trailer and had the medical issues. My wife and I flew down in Feb. and retrieved it from the house. Then shipped it back. Currently working with Visa to close the issue. So I spent a bunch of money to send my EV on a vacation in AZ and still have the vr6 and auto.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts