VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these scumbags trying to rip people off on Autotrader.com:
This is soooooo New that Autotrader doesn`t have a category for this baby yet! Here we go!~~~~ Drum roll please~^^~^~^~^~^^~^ Bernardsville is proud to present the absolutely amazing 2004 Golf "R32"!~!~!~!~!~!~!~ OMG!~~~~~~ Unbelievable! GTI Fans don`t miss this one! Only 5,000 imported to North America! This is the all-wheel drive that you`ve been reading about in Europe for the last two years! Check out some of these features; 3.2 240 h.p. V-6!, 6-spd Manual!, 4-Motion(All-Wheel Drive!), 18" "Aristo" Alloys w/ 225/40R18 Summer Performance Tires!, Konig Sport Seats!~ Reflex Silver!~ This absolutely destined to be a collectors item!~ This is NOT for the faint hearted! Priced to sell at $34,625! Contact Ken Beam @ 908-310-0958 Anytime......even Sunday!~ OR 888-818-3810 X 614 work
Priced to sell? How about priced to rip people off? http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ! (dcomiskey)

HAHA, I was looking around for a 20AE a couple of days ago, they had a BMP listed for 24880, some $1000 over MSRP for a car that had been on the lot for almost a year. I wrote to them asking to let me in on the joke, and they told me, quite matter-of-factly that, not only were they selling it for $1000 over MSRP, but they had indeed sold it for that just a couple of hours earlier. Scum bag dealership.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ! (NJWolf18T)

If people would have a little patience they will be "priced to sell" around $27K in a few months.. Leave this price for the suckers.. they're born every minute.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
Re: (Pelican18TQA4)

well i just called the number and talked to Mr. Ken. seemed like a nice guy but they sure are holding to that $34k price tag, he said they sold two at that price already..
he then tried to tell me about the unbelievable prices over sticker the 337s were selling at. i then informed him i have a 20th Anniv. and his tone changed.
it just seems like they are listing the cars at $34k and if people will pay, then they make bank.
that is the point of business, but $4k over sticker OUCH

·
Registered
18,555 Posts

Welcome to capitalism.
If people are willing to pay that, then more power to them.
At least the specs were accurate and they're up front about what they're charging.
The best way to express your opinion is with your money. Take it elsewhere.
I reserve words like "Scumbag" for dealers that allow pre-sold cars
to get thrashed on by the staff. Dealers that tell a person that
they absolutely don't do test drives, while the engine is still warm from the
testdrive it just got back from. Dealers that discriminate based on race, sex,
or really any type of personal appearance (I've been known to show up
at a dealer with 3 day old stubble, jeans and T-shirt, just to see how they'd
treat me). Dealers that tell you one thing on the phone "Sure, we'll sell it
at MSRP", luring you out to see it, and *then* hit you with a $3-5k markup
when you say you want it. Those are scumbags.
ian

·
Banned
4,282 Posts

don't trust bernardsville anything. that place is for uppity self-important sleazebags.
go flemington!! i just hooked up a fellow vortexer -- my guy at flemingotn vw got him his blue r32 for a bit UNDER msrp. now that's what i call friendly service!!
my advice to all: invest in a good dealer relationship. will pay many dividends in the years to come. i know the phrase "trusting a dealer" has a tendency of putting people's heads upside down. but it can happen. they want your business for life, so just find one that fits and you'll never have to worry about this crap again.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ! (roadtripper)

i was in their lot last nite looking for any r32s. there was a red one accros the street in the back parking lot. on the sticker it was still 30,400 or so. not sure how much the markup is if you were to buy it tho.
side note that dealership is a POS. heard many bad stories about them.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ! (JDubya11)

Quote, originally posted by JDubya11 »
HAHA, I was looking around for a 20AE a couple of days ago, they had a BMP listed for 24880, some $1000 over MSRP for a car that had been on the lot for almost a year. I wrote to them asking to let me in on the joke, and they told me, quite matter-of-factly that, not only were they selling it for $1000 over MSRP, but they had indeed sold it for that just a couple of hours earlier. Scum bag dealership.
You think thats bad? Antwerpen/Wooton VW in MD has two listings for USED 20th AEs with 7/8k on the odometer and their special internet price is:
$24,800

Unreal.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Dear Dcomiskey,
Did that Bernardsville VW DECIEVE you in any way??????
not by what you have written.... no one at the dealership forced
you to buy the car then pulled a bait and switch due to color
or price sounds like a bit of sour grapes to me. If there are that
many dealers discounting find one and buy it there and move on!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ

To everyone out in VW land that are talking about the price of $4000 over sticker.....sorry! From what I heard alot of people left deposits at other VW dealers thinking that they are going to pay list or around list price. Look at you orders....do you have a vin#? probly not....so that dealer, selling a car at sticker and not getting a car for you is the one who is ripping you OFFFFFFFFF! Thats not right, taking money from someone and promising a deal and not delivering and making people wait and wait and miss out on getting a R32 altogether.........THATS NOT RIGHT
THATS WHY WE ARE ASKING $4000 OVER STICKER.....key word asking!
any other remarks call us at 908-766-1600 BERNARDSVILLE VW

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ (jso5603)

Quote, originally posted by jso5603 »
To everyone out in VW land that are talking about the price of $4000 over sticker.....sorry! From what I heard alot of people left deposits at other VW dealers thinking that they are going to pay list or around list price. Look at you orders....do you have a vin#? probly not....so that dealer, selling a car at sticker and not getting a car for you is the one who is ripping you OFFFFFFFFF! Thats not right, taking money from someone and promising a deal and not delivering and making people wait and wait and miss out on getting a R32 altogether.........THATS NOT RIGHT
THATS WHY WE ARE ASKING $4000 OVER STICKER.....key word asking!
any other remarks call us at 908-766-1600 BERNARDSVILLE VW

Capitolism at it's finest.. There are different schools of thought when it comes down to it, Bernardsville is well within their rights to ask $4k over MSRP, and try to make their money by playing on the demand for a limited edition car. I'm sure not too many people like this approach, probably wouldn't go back to the dealership again but none the less willing to pay the overage to have the car.
Other dealerships will sell the car at MSRP looking for more of a long term relationship with their customers. Alot of dealerships pride themselves on customer service and are very proud to have repeat customers. Unfortioantely it doesn't seem like there's too many VW dealers like this, but all in all it's all about how you want to make money I guess.
This guy does have a point. They are only asking extra for the car, not screwing anyone out of a deal like some other dealers, or beating on the cars and claiming excess milage is normal.
I personally dont deal with dealerships like this, and thing customer service is the key to success, but if they want to sell their cars over MSRP god bless 'em if they find any buyers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ (GIR)

I was in NJ this weekend and swung by there on Saturday -- they had a sliver, red and black out on display. There were no "markup" stickers in the windows of any of them, so if they are selling at a premium, I'd say that's pretty deceptive.
Also, the cars had some miles on them. The silver had 90 some odd miles. Can't remember exact numbers for the others, but I think they were both in the 60's. WTF??? If you're asking 4K over sticker the cars should be virgin -- not beat-on like these likely were.
Survey says... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ! (jso5603)

Quote, originally posted by jso5603 »
Dear Dcomiskey,
Did that Bernardsville VW DECIEVE you in any way??????
not by what you have written.... no one at the dealership forced
you to buy the car then pulled a bait and switch due to color
or price sounds like a bit of sour grapes to me. If there are that
many dealers discounting find one and buy it there and move on!!!!!

What's the point of your post?

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with me warning people of a dealer that is trying to rip people off.
Since you have 2 posts, I'm assuming you work for the dealer in question and are peeved someone outed you for your sales tactics. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
28,012 Posts

I'm not defending the dealer here, but you have to look at where the dealer is located.
Bernardsville, NJ is a very affluent area, surrounded by other similar places. They are charging a fee that people in the area are going to be able to pay. Buying a car in a ritzy area is not always the best idea. I would bet the Trend Motors in Rockaway, NJ is selling them at or very near msrp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ! (6cylVWguy)

Well it looks like other dealers are selling thier R32S FOR MORE THAN STICKER!! Look on autotrader.com and look up GTI a dealer is listing a R32 for $35055. Today we sold 2 for a few thousand over sticker price. So thanks for the free advertising guys!!! We have on R32 left, guess how much we have it priced for ?????????????? OH by the way the color that is left is BLACK come and get it!!

·
Registered
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: BEWARE OF BERNARDSVILLE VW IN NJ! (jso5603)

figured, you worked for the dealer. You should post the suckers' names on here so we can tease them. Anyway, good for you that you got it. I just can't see how anyone would be stupid enough to give a dealer MORE money than they already are.

·
Registered
21 Posts

wonder what they are gonna do with those cars when they find out that better dealers are actually starting to discount them!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts