VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking a ride with a friend after he had gone down to Swift to get his car dyno-tuned, and he accidentally cut someone off. I think it was his blindspot or something. So the guy speeds up and starts jolting the car towards him and honking. After a little argument, he then pulls ahead and throws a glass bottle at my friends car. Thankfully it hit the windshield in a way that didn't break either. No damage, but jesus fu(king christ. All over an accidental cut off. The guys was driving a Lexus GS400 and he had New Hampshire plates. BEWARE!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Re: Beware of people throwing glass bottles. (2004VdubJTI)

i have an african american friend that cut someone off by mistake. the guy then pulls up along side of him and says " you know, 200 years ago i could have bought you." can you believe that?
people are horrible to each other.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Beware of people throwing glass bottles. (dangerous_dave)

Quote, originally posted by dangerous_dave »
i have an african american friend that cut someone off by mistake. the guy then pulls up along side of him and says " you know, 200 years ago i could have bought you." can you believe that?
people are horrible to each other.

Over the stupidest things. I am pretty bad with road rage, but I would never, ever do either of those two things just listed.
The thing that got me is that he basically put him and his sons live at risk by trying to run away from us when I aksed him to pull over. I really just wanted him to pull off the highway and talk about what just happened. Calling the police would have probably done nothing. I mean you have to be pretty fu(ked up to throw a glass bottle at someone.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts

i would have caught up to him and rear ended him. that would make him pull over. that bottle could have caused you guys to crash and die or hurt someone. i dont know if i could restrain myself if put in that situation.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i would have caught up to him and rear ended him. that would make him pull over. that bottle could have caused you guys to crash and die or hurt someone. i dont know if i could restrain myself if put in that situation.

Oh and I forgot to say that after the bottle bounced off the windshield it smashed all over an off ramp.

·
Banned
21,195 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2004VdubJTI »
I was taking a ride with a friend after he had gone down to Swift to get his car dyno-tuned, and he accidentally cut someone off. I think it was his blindspot or something. So the guy speeds up and starts jolting the car towards him and honking. After a little argument, he then pulls ahead and throws a glass bottle at my friends car. Thankfully it hit the windshield in a way that didn't break either. No damage, but jesus fu(king christ. All over an accidental cut off. The guys was driving a Lexus GS400 and he had New Hampshire plates. BEWARE!

if some dick threw a bottle at me while i was driving i would have drove him right off the road

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Re: Beware of people throwing glass bottles. (nastybags)

my friend was driving in drumhill(MA), they just built a new rotary like thing a couple years ago, and he did NOTHING wrong and this guy cuts us off, stops in front of us, and grabs a HUGE piece of cement that was on the road and threw it at the windshield and SMASHED THE WINDSHIELD!
over something that NEVER EVEN HAPPENED. there are some people that just have very very bad tempers and there are people that should never have been granted a license in the first place. that's why we have laws and a court system that some what help protect us.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

As the economy gets worse.. so will people

But tossing anything at a vehicle could lead to a bunch of problems..
Charged with Criminal Mischief, Interference with Transportation, Possession of Weapons for Unlawful Purpose, and even Aggravated Assault, which is an indictable offense.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Beware of people throwing glass bottles. (nastybags)

Quote, originally posted by nastybags »

if some dick threw a full glass bottle at me while i was driving i would have drove him right off the road

Although we don't agree on baseball politics, we certianly agree on this. If I been driving my car it would have been a different story. I honestly don't know if I would have stopped at any cost.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

thats why we have firearms all over new hampshire.

I see your point, but this isn't the wild west. Not even NH. I have been thinking about it and I have some bad car rotors that I never threw out. I plan on keeping a couple in my car so I can greet him a little nicer this time.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Beware of people throwing glass bottles. (gypsyjetta)

Quote, originally posted by gypsyjetta »
Thats what I do lol
They leave hella ding marks !
obviosly I don't just chuck them out randomly, you have to deserve it.

Something as simple as a cutoff warrants a glass bottle?

·
Registered
4,023 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2004VdubJTI »

Something as simple as a cutoff warrants a glass bottle?

I think he was referring to the nickels

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Beware of people throwing glass bottles. (Black G60)

Quote, originally posted by Black G60 »

I think he was referring to the nickels

Very reasonable to do if the situation calls for it. Even my friends did that every once in a while.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.