VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an ac compressor from him a few days ago. He told me sold as is and it came off a running motor everything is perfect. And I asked him to test it and he said it tested out. Sent him 80.00 and received the compressor in the mail. When I went to have it installed we looked at the compressor. The clutch coil was burnt. Which I don’t really care about. But the shaft where the bolt goes on for the Clutch Plate was broken off the unit is trash. I spoke to him about it and said he did not know. And now only wants to send 40.00 back after 30 min of talking. He is a scammer in my eyes. He seemed super honest in the begining now. When it comes down to it he doesn’t want to refund my money. I also told him that I was willing to pay for shipping

· Registered
10,770 Posts
Re: Beware of Scammer Matthew Denner (VdubPimpin)

I tried to resolve the issue with you and specifically told you no refunds becuase I could not verify if the unit was 100% good. I also told you I knew not much about ac compressors and visually it was good and held pressure. I don't know why you couldn't just settle this with me before. Im not sure what you dont understand about NO REFUNDS but you still decided to buy it. I did offer you a partial refund as a settle but obviously you have to be childish like this. I have many many many satisfied sellers locally, on ebay and on vortex so the problem is with you. My offer still stands though, and thats extending more than I should because I did tell you "NO REFUNDS" many many times before purchase.

· Registered
1,479 Posts
Ok, I'm all for spamming bad sellers, but this is redonkulous. I know Matt personally and he's not the type to rip people off intentionally. Lets look at your statement shall we. Break it down.
1:
"He told me sold as is" (noted)
2:
"He seemed super honest in the begining" (he is?)
3:
"When it comes down to it he doesn’t want to refund my money." (As is usually means the seller isn't looking for returns if it turns out to be broken?)

· Registered
3,668 Posts

This is slander. He could have legal grounds to file suit against you.
All you had to do was READ what he put. You and only you failed doing that.
Do the right thing and delete your post before the mods black hole it like they did your other one.

· Registered
162 Posts

Quote »
He told me sold as is

Do you not know the meaning of "sold as is"?? I saw the post and it looks to me like you should read before you buy. If you buy something AS IS and you find out there is somthing not quite right with it later on its the risk you take. You obviously couldnt see anything was wrong buy just looking at it yourself as did Matt. Then he is decent enough and offers you 1/2 your money back and you refuse??? Thats just rediculas.

BTW It sucks that the unit ended up bad but its not that uncommon for an AC compresser but thats how it works sometimes. DONT ruin somebody elses name because you are a poor buyer.

· Registered
10,770 Posts

Quote, originally posted by VdubPimpin »
I purchased an ac compressor from him a few days ago. He told me sold as is and it came off a running motor everything is perfect. And I asked him to test it and he said it tested out. Sent him 80.00 and received the compressor in the mail. When I went to have it installed we looked at the compressor. The clutch coil was burnt. Which I don’t really care about. But the shaft where the bolt goes on for the Clutch Plate was broken off the unit is trash. I spoke to him about it and said he did not know. And now only wants to send 40.00 back after 30 min of talking. He is a scammer in my eyes. He seemed super honest in the begining now. When it comes down to it he doesn’t want to refund my money. I also told him that I was willing to pay for shipping

quoted...just so we can keep these words from being modified later on

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (gratefuldude11)

i tried to comunicate with him trew aim but he got immature and blocked me. "as is" is fine but tell me that the shaft is snapped before you ship it out, then that would be my call. he did not tell me the shaft was snapped. so how do u think i feel i told him to keep 20 dollars for shipping and handleing and send 60. i think that is what needs to happen. how i see it is i recived a bad part and the it was not in the condition it should of been in. i dont see why matthew can not man up and send 60 dollars back and call it a day. hes not losing anything if anything he gains a few dollars im the only one that lost out for the charge removal of my old compressor and the shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.